No love.

I am about 20 weeks preg. I feel like no one cares. My husband doesn't commment on it- he has forgotten about our ultrasound (I have had to remind him every day for the last week or so that it is tomorrow).
My parents don't seem the least bit excited and none of my friends call and ask how I'm doing. (I have called them and left messages to meet up for lunch/dinner/etc... they just stopped returning my calls).
What can I do to feel excited about my preg. when noone else gives a shit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• join a gym, make friends there, try talking to your family and hubby and friends about how you feel.. it could be your hormones making you feel so bad, it could be all misplaced!
    try to find some moms groups in your area and get involved!
    HOW EXCITING! BABY!!!!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Be excited that you get to experience the miracle of life growing inside of YOU!! That is something that men and a lot of women will never get to know! Who gives a rats a$$ if everyone else isn't happy for you! Be happy for yourself! =) Maybe your husband is just nervous about having a baby. it might not be that he isn't excited, but maybe his nerves are getting the best of him. Tell him and your parents how you fell!! Good luck momma, and Congratulations!! Having a baby is the biggest blessing in the whole world!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Aww!! I'm sorry hun! With all those crazy pregnancy hormones you probably feel 30x worse than it actually is. You have to figure you're exactly in the middle of the pregnancy so the initial excitment has sort of died down and you aren't about to pop so that anticipation isn't really there yet. As for your husband...men are MEN! I make sure to remind my boyfriend about everything a week ahead of time (doctors appointments, anniversaries, birthdays etc). I'm sure that it's not that no one cares. It's just normal to them that you are pregnant. You get what I mean? I'm not sure the situation with your parents but my mom didn't seem thrilled when I was pregnant with my second child. But that was because I got pregnant with her only 6 months after having my first! Keep your head up and don't let it bother you. You're about to be a mommy!!! Be excited!!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 12:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I have had four (4) births and every time I had one, I feel like you do.. :-) that's very normal, yes, that's hormones working on your system. Try to keep yourself busy and don't be too pathetic because it has an effect on your baby, dear..Cheer up, just think about the life of the baby within you.

God bless you.
    mommytoots

Answer by mommytoots at 12:36 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Just be happy for yourself. I had to always remind my boyfriend of appts and stuff too and when you could start to feel the baby kicking on the ouside he never wanted to feel it because he thought it was weird, and some guys just aren't into it like others are. He even said that he was gonna wait in the hallway when I had her and just wait for the dr. to come tell him if he had a daughter or son. He's just old fashioned like that. Now she is 14 mo. old and he can't believe how much she has grown and how much she learns every day! Some days he feel like he misses out on so much just being at work, b/c I get to stay home with here and teach her new things everyday. He'll come around, men get scared of becoming fathers too because they feel this huge load of responsibility, much like us women do but we just know how to handle it better than them! Good luck everything will be fine, enjoy the peace & quiet it won't last long!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 10:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I felt the exact same way, so I decided to keep my baby business to myself, and then they started to ask questions... It's ok, be happy and comfort yourself don't let others let u feel like crap. Remember u have a lill person in there depending on you to protect them, so try not to stress. God is there and u are too be happy.baby loves you regardless......
    priscilla2boys

Answer by priscilla2boys at 2:14 AM on Oct. 16, 2009