Co sleeping?

Who co-sleeps and what are your thoughts on co sleeping, even in the same bed.

kelsbug05

Asked by kelsbug05 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I cosleep with my daughter, and I wouldn't chage it for the world. She slept in a bassinet right beside me until she was like 4 months then, started sleeping in the bed with my husband and me.(she just turned 15 months yesterday) It made breastfeeding SO much easier! It makes me feel better knowing she's right there next to me. If she needs something, I'm litterally right there for her. It may not be for everyone, but it definitely works best for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i co-sleep, but when my son turned 4, i stopped. I figure, he's old enough to be a "man" now... it was either forcing myself to believe that, or i'd be co-sleeping with him til he moved out. lol i honestly cannot wait to have another child, just so i can co-sleep with them.. but i'm not having any kids anytime soon- i'm not financially stable (i am overdrafted in my account, and i probably will be for a while), and i'm not ready to have another child; i like the one on one attention i can give my one child right now... plus i fear that if i have another kid, that one wont get as much love as my first born... yea- like i said, i'm not ready to have a kid. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Well my daughter is one month old sunday and she will not sleep alone. I read that co sleeping can cause sids and it makes me nervous but i feel more alert with her there. I know when she moves and can like sense if anything seems off. Its easier to breastfeed and me and my Dh are really carefull and she sleeps on her back. I know people say no co sleeping but thats the only way she will sleep.
    kelsbug05

Answer by kelsbug05 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I co-sleep with my 7 month old. He really just refuses to sleep alone, I have tried the CIO technique but really just feel bad about him crying alone in his crib when I know all he really wants is to sleep beside of me. It works for us right now, although I do not plan on letting him sleep in our bed forever, for now he is our only son and it just seems right to spoil him a little.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I had those same fears hon! For some reason,  I always felt a little safer knowing my baby girl was right there though. Here is a  link that may help.. Good luck momma and Congratulations on you baby girl!!!!!

http://www.parenting.com/article/Baby/Health/Ask-Dr-Sears-Co-Sleeping-a-SIDS-Danger

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• It was a lifesaver here.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I don't sleep well with my baby in the bed, but I keep them in the room as long as I can. However, we have a tiny bedroom, so the crib doesn't fit :( So when they outgrow the bassinet, they go to their own room.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Check this out:     4 Ways AP can Reduce the Risk of SIDS 

:-)

I have been co-sleeping for several years with my kids~ I wouldn't change a thing!! 

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:14 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My husband and I LOVE it, I nurse so when he gets fussy I roll to the side and there ya go!
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 2:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Thank you.. the website helped a lot. i love sleeping with my daughter. i hope it doesnt become a bad habit.
    kelsbug05

Answer by kelsbug05 at 2:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2009