Any ideas for a colicky baby? I could really use them! :)

My baby is colicky. I have been using gas drops, teething tablets (herbal disolvable pills that help calm babies my doc knows and says its fine), peppermint water , and the swing. I am getting a bouncer tomorrow. I hadn't had the money until now. I really need help though. I have a 3 year old who has had the stomach flu the past week and my baby 6 weeks seems to have had a really rough last few days. I haven't had much sleep and I feel so bad for her! Please help me!

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 1:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Colic is often an attempt to shut the world out by crying after a long long day. Try slowing things down as the afternoon heads into evening.

You're doing all the right things. Do you have a sling? Keeping the baby next to you that way is often the most calming thing for them. No, it won't be creating a bad habit. It will be responding to what instinct tells baby he needs.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Gripe Water worked the very best for me.
    I would also lay him down in the middle of the blanket, gather up the corners and sway him back and forth gently - the darkness and swinging motion really soothed him, plus that "cramped" feeling he would get from the blanket.
    Other than that, just lay her across your lap, on her stomach, and while alternating from patting her butt and back gently, rock your legs back and forth.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2009