Sex question: Do you feel uncomfortable being intimate with your husband/SO?

I don't enjoy having sex with my husband. I feel like it's uncomfortable and I would rather he not touch me like that. There's no foreplay anymore, and I know he's becoming frustrated. I feel like a shy teenager around him when he wants to get intimate. We don't have money for counseling, and I really wouldn't feel comfortable talking to a stranger face to face about that anyway...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Health

• There has been times when I have felt uncomfortable. Like right after I have had a baby, or during times when it has been a while. What i would suggest is to get comfortable with yourslef. In my cases it has been me not feeling so good. Maybe I am worried about how I look or how I will perform. I wear sexy bras and underwere. Things just for me to make me feel a little more sexy. I also.start by just giving a good kiss everyday and a hug. If there is no connection to your husband what so ever. It just keeps that gap wider. A kiss here and a kiss there will do wonders, when you can't exactly have sex. Talk to your husband and let him know how you feel. open commumication is key. Tell him what you need slowly. if you are in the act and something does not feel right, tell him nicely or show him what you want. Don't be mean about it. that will not turn out right. Also first and foremost. Pray about it.
    brekia

Answer by brekia at 1:42 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• No, I don't feel uncomfortable at all.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I love having sex with my SO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Have you tried explaining this to him? Was there something that changed it? I'm not a counselor or anything but if you want to talk you can message me. :) Oh and I enjoy sex with my hubby but there were a few times I felt really uncomfortable. After I had our first baby and again after I had a miscarriage. It was because I felt uncomfortable with my body and was depressed. After I realized that was the problem we fixed it. Talked about it. Also I needed the foreplay to feel better. It made me feel like I was wanted and worth the time. But that is just me. :)
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 1:45 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• 1 are you preg if so your not alone i hate haveing sex my hubby kissing all over me the smell everything i just wanna throw up i have read in books its normal.just talk to him about it and be like hun i love you and you mean the world to me but im just not in the mood right now its not you its all me i just want to sit and talk or this may sound corny but look in to your eyes
    i hope things workout for you sweetie
    brittanymomma

Answer by brittanymomma at 1:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• After having my 1st baby, I had physical pain during sex until my 2nd baby was born. But am I emotionally uncomfortable? No.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 4:59 AM on Oct. 15, 2009