my 4yr old is outta control,help?

my 4 yr old daughter is extremly agressive and she hits me when i tell her no she throws a fit (she was molested by a ex-relative )she is also adhd and i cant control her time out spanking(i hated to)takin privilages nothing works she has nightmares about the man who molested her i just dont know what to do.Any advice??

Redneckmomma19

Asked by Redneckmomma19 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• can i ask how far she got molested, because maybe she's thinking your gonna hurt her. see a therapist and tell your dr. and go from there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• shes seeing a therapist now her dr knows too and as far as i know it was just touching (i hope)
    i just know what to do she has nightmares about him
    Redneckmomma19

Answer by Redneckmomma19 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• omg i know how she feels i did the same with my mom what realy helped is that when my mom sat me on the bed she sat like across from me and looked into my eyes and said look that man isnt near you he can never hurt you again im right here i will never let anyone hurt you that way again

i realy hope she gets threw it it takes a life time to get over something like that i still have dreams myself but i have to remaind my self that the person that did this is not near
    brittanymomma

Answer by brittanymomma at 2:20 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• well the problem is the man used to be my husbands stepdad but he got caught cheating then 2 days before christmas last year we found out that he molested her even worse he works for my m-i-ls landlord she told me that there was a monster in her room with a black spider on its arm and he has a black widow tattooed on his left forearm. then to top it off i found a black widow in my apartment crawling on my tv my daughter asked if he was there because she saw the spider.
    Redneckmomma19

Answer by Redneckmomma19 at 2:28 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• sounds like something too big to take on yourself, i am sure she will qualify for therapy, please get that for her, people (therapists) devote their lives to learning how to help kids like your dd, they are professionals that know everything about it, i cant tell you what to do but a psychologisst would help her i am sure.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Therapy, and lots of it. For you AND her. I'm so very sorry.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 2:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• She sees a very nice phsycologist who is trying hard to help me help her but everytime i think shes doing better something pops up that reminds her of him thats when she losese control of herself so its hard to keep her under control to teach her to control her impulsiveness and her emotions she go back and forth between independent and very dependent its very frustrating I just dont know what else to do.I wish there was a way that i could change what happened to her
    Redneckmomma19

Answer by Redneckmomma19 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2009