Cracked Heels -HELP!

The heels of my feet are pretty messed up from 2 years of wearing sandals-I used to take such great care of my feet before I had kids and not so much until now. My heels are cracked and dry and I use a Ped-Egg and some lotion for feet, but does anyone know any good ol' fashioned home remedies for my poor feet? I would like to get the as back to normal as possible....thank u for all your answers!

loveme2

Asked by loveme2 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I would do a foot bath for them. But some foot salts and soak your feet a good 15-20 min then scrape all the dead skin off your heels. follow that up with a special heel repairing lotion not just any kind of lotion, or a lotion with oatmeal in it. Thats what I do to mine when they get really bad. it works miracles
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:00 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My husband loves Arbonne's Nutrimin C body serum and body lotion on his feet. We laugh, he used to have Fred Flintstone feet and now his feet are nice and soft. He puts the two on every day and gets upset when it's not around. He likes his soft feet. Let me know if you would like a sample of these two.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 7:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Use a pumice stone in the shower. put on shea butter (the cheap stuff is fine) or coconut oil and socks at night.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Use the Ped Egg after your shower and then try Burt's Bees Peppermint and Coconut foot Cream, put a nice pair of thick socks on and wear them all night. Or do a foot bath with some epsom salt and then use the Ped Egg.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 11:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I have the same. I like Jergens Ultra Healing. Along time ago I used a Neutrogena product. It was really thick junk and I cant remember the name but since winter is around the corner I might purchase that again. I like to use a file not a pumice, just a preference. I also have a file but it looks like a cheese grater....grody but hey. Use the grater first and then file then soak and lotion. Before you go to sleep, put lotion on your feet and then socks for an all night treatment.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Avon's foot works creams are very inexpensive and make a huge difference on me. I like the cracked heel relief cream and the foot peel. www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:55 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Gold Bond Foot Cream in the blue tube is awesome! My husband's feet get cracked sometimes, and after using this stuff for a few days, his feet are healed.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Badger Balm by Burt's Bees. It works wonders to heal and sooth dry cracked skin. After it is healed, use a pumice every night until they are no longer dry and caloused. Then pumice several times a week to maintain.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Oh and make sure you are moisturizing your feet after every bath shower...within 5 minutes of getting out, before your pores close again.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• pumice stone is shower..just a little every couple days. dont be too rough. At night as often as u wish rub generic vicks vapor rub on feet and put on socks. It acts like vaseline on feet but the menthol is so relaxing and very healing. My dd loves it when i massage her feet with vicks. lol
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2009