Everytime my three month has a bowelmovement she gets a bad rash whats going on?

my 3 month old daughter gets a bad rash whenever she has a bowel movement and her diaper isnt changed in 5-10 mins what gives?

Redneckmomma19

Asked by Redneckmomma19 at 2:09 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do u breastfeed?? maybe its something your eating and its not going well with her.... or if she's formula fed, maybe she's allergic to the brand?
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 2:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• sounds like sensitive skin, my daughter was the same way, I had to use only luvs or pampers and the only wipes that worked were the extra gentle lavender ones from pampers. My Daughter was also prone to yeast infections easily and the rash would come on suddenly. Talk to your doctor they have a great cream they can prescribe that got us through the early months, i just cant remember the name of it right now for some reason.

Also if you are using any products such as powders, creams, etc those can also trigger a reaction.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• im not breastfeeding anymore i dont think shes allergic to the formula cause she has been on it for a while everytime i take her to the doctor they just give me nystatin or and antibiotic cream for her but i'd like to know whats causing it.
    Redneckmomma19

Answer by Redneckmomma19 at 2:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• she just has sensative skin most people change the diaper ASAP so most dont get it. Give her bum a godo coating to butt cream even vasaline and she will be okay.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:20 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My daughter had the same problem only when she had a dirlty diaper she would get a bad rash. I know u said that ur daughter is only 3 mths old but have u started giving maybe a little bit of baby food if so that could be it cause my daughter it was when she ate something like she cant eat certain things that has tomatoes in it cause of the acid. If not then I would say sensative skin to have u changed to a different kind of wipes cause mine gets rashes from some wipes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• thanks for your answers yall have been helpful
    Redneckmomma19

Answer by Redneckmomma19 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2009