my 18 month old still isnt walkin.

my 18 month old son still isnt walkin but he trys so i tured to babies cant wait but need more help any advice????

Redneckmomma19

Asked by Redneckmomma19 at 2:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you need to tlak to the doctor about this. maybe therapy.... find out when you and the father statred to wlak.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 2:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• even if you and the father walked late or early it has nothing to do with when your baby will walk
    each baby is different

I would talk to the pediatrician, he might not have the necessary muscle growth he need to stand up on his own and balance and take steps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Has he had ear problems? Chronic ear infections can cause balance issues. Is he reaching all his other milestones? How is his speech? Does he spend time in a walker, jumperoo, or exersaucer? Does he stand on his tippy toes?

You should talk to his doctor. Not walking at 18 months could fall into the "unusual but possibly normal" category, says Andrew Adesman, chief of developmental and behavioral pediatrics at Schneider Children's Hospital in New York, but it could also signal that something's wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I would call early intervention in your area and schedule an evaluation just to be on the safe side

Answer by missanc at 9:44 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My son didn't walk until 16 1/2 months so I can appreciate your concern. I would mention it to you doctor. he could be nothing more than a late walker but you should rule out any other problem. Good luck!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I was refered to Babies Cant Wait it was originally for his speech but the woman i talkled to said he should be walking but he hasnt had but one or two ear infections
    Redneckmomma19

Answer by Redneckmomma19 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2009