what am i doin wrong

my husbands spends 67% of the time on his exbox 360 with his friends now that he has been layed off but that was like 6 months ago i cant get him to do anything with me like go to the store or to the flea market or go look at cars like what he likes every time i ask if he would go with no my friends are coming over and we are goin to play the exbox and maybe go look at cars or if he has to take me to the docter he complains the next time your momma can bring you i hate getting up early.but the only time i see him is when he comes to bed at 6am ive tryed talkin to him i even kicked his buddys out we are haveing our first in january and he cant keep doin this i need his help but i aint getting it i even hired someone to help me around the house.what can i do more

brittanymomma

Asked by brittanymomma at 2:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Something very bad would happen to that xbox. Since he's laid off, it isn't likely that there is money to buy a new one.

If he isn't working he should be looking for work instead of sitting around playing games, especially with a baby on the way. At the very least he should be helping with the household chores, and he definitely should be the one taking you to the doctor. He isn't a child anymore, he has one on the way. If he acts like this now, he most likely isn't going to act any better once there is a baby in the house. It's time to tell him to shape up or ship out. You're already doing everything by yourself ~ you can do that without him there AND without the stress and hurt caused by his complaints.

It isn't your fault he got laid off, and he may be depressed or worried. Sitting around playing a game isn't going to fix the problem. Hope things get better for you.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:17 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• You need to tell him to grow the f**k up because once the baby comes, you're not going to put up with his bullshit and you WILL expect him to help.
    My husband plays on his XBox but if I need help, he is up and helping me, it doesn't matter if he's playing a game.
    Sounds like your husband is quite immature and doesn't want to face reality.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:59 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• yeap and i just found out that his buddys are telling him to get a dna test done cause i go with my friends out to a movie to get away i get the feeling that his friends are getting in his head
    brittanymomma

Answer by brittanymomma at 3:12 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• No offense meant, but from what you've said, he sounds like a complete ass. Does he have any redeeming qualities at all?
    He has no job and (?) hasn't been looking for one.
    He doesn't want to take you to your prenatal visits (my husband didn't miss a single one)
    His XBox is more important to him than you and his child...
    Sweets, you might be better off as a single mother, at least you wouldn't have to deal with TWO babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• He is currently not offering the role of provider, lover (someone who shows you he loves you above others and other things), or being a father to your growing baby to be..........so what makes this a beneficial relationship for you?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• you tell him to either straighten up or i say duuuuuummmmmmppp hiiiiimmmmm! my husband loves his computer and all of its games with all his heart but when i need something he is right there! he has olny missed soon to be 3 prenatal appts b/c of work (he works from 12am-8am and he is usally tired and needs to sleep before his shift). the man (or should we say boy) is going to be a father and needs to step up to the plate, if not, like what someone said above, maybe being a single mother is best!
    GOOD LUCK SWEETIE!
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 4:49 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• With a baby on the way he needs to grow up. I would demand he get a job & cut back on xbox. Sound like a real loser to me, you may want to move on pregnant or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• somehow i feel that the ol boy here hasn't changed much since before you married him. the only difference was he was more tolerable when he was useful bringing home a paycheck. no paycheck no reason to keep him. marrying them doesn't change them.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:01 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• So box away the x box and tell him to man up because you have obligations and responsibilities and he is not owning up to those things.He is not a kid anymore. GL.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:35 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Throw the Xbox out the window
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2009