Does anyone else think that Dr. Pepper has a perfume taste to it?

I know it has like 23 flavors or whatever, but I swear it has a taste of perfume to it. I don't know the exact "scent" I get from it, but it does for me! Weird?

Jeckers

Asked by Jeckers at 2:45 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• No. But my mom used to swear that it tasted just like medicine. ...she couldn't understand how that nasty medicine taste got to be so popular! lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:50 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Yeah I could agree with that too. My daughter and SO love to drink Dr. Pepper and I only take drinks out of their cups every now and again. But can't like it at all.
    Jeckers

Answer by Jeckers at 3:30 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• not sure. I can't stand Dr. Pepper and it's been years since I've had one.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I love Dr Pepper, I am so glad they make a diet one. I hate diet coke and pespi and this is all most place serve as far as diet pop. My question is how can so many people drink them of couse the regular coke and pespi were not my fav and Dr pepper was so maybe that is why I feel that way.
    Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 10:44 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I love Dr. Pepper! I never thought about it having a perfume taste though. I do know one of the "23 flavors" is PRUNES! I grew up in farm country and worked in a prune dehydrator a few summers. The owners told me that prunes actually went into Dr. Pepper! And I think it's actually a major contributer because I always get a hint of prune flavor.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I LOVE Dr. Pepper!!! I don't know what else is in it, but I know cherry is one of the flavors...

I never got a "perfume" thing from it.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 5:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2009