EYESHADOW?

which is the best brand of eye shadow to buy? what stays on for a long time? i buy eyeshadow and it doesnt even go on that good! anyway im standing up in a wedding in a few months and i want to get started on doing my own makeup. Just looking for a brand that will hold up, and look good for a long period of time!

Eveshalloween

Asked by Eveshalloween at 2:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I use maybelline and to me its the best. it stays on all day. I have it in quite a few different colors. Its the only brand I buy.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• cool thanks :)
    Eveshalloween

Answer by Eveshalloween at 6:28 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i have a problem with eyeshadow getting stuck in the creases of my eyelids, no matter how good the brand is. my best friend started selling mary kay, and i asked the rep lady about it. she recommended an eyelid primer. so i bought it, and it really does work! i can't even get the eyeshadow off sometimes! the shadow i use the most is Rimmel, and i never wear any eyeshadow without that primer!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Try Revlon Colorstay, that is all that I use. They usually come in a palette that has four colors, from dark to light that compliments and contrasts. I buy them at Target or check Walgreen's, you can often get them 2 for 1. Usually about $6.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 11:22 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I also use MK eye primer and I love their eye shadows. The color is what you see is what you get.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Honestly, I buy the cheap eyeshadow, but first I put moisturizer on my eyes, then I layer some white or cream eyeshadow, then I put on whatever color I'm going to use. I don't usually have problems with it fading or coming off.
    MamaSyn

Answer by MamaSyn at 2:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I really like the Mark and Mineral eyeshadows by Avon. They stay put really well. An added trick is to get the Magix Face perfecter primer and put a little on your eyelid too! Your eyeshadow, even the cream kind, will stay put all day! You can try them at www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• ok so I know I previously posted that I always use maybelline, but today I bought some eyeshadow from Sephora and its awesome. A little on the expensive side though. But check it out in the mall, they have alot of colors to choose from. I am going to a military ball so I was shopping around too. They had a little billboard of different women wearing their eye shadow and one was called california dreams, and so I asked the lady which color it was and it was actually three diff shadows, but they are all three really great colors. But again, a little pricey.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I use cover girl and it last all day for me.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• use a primer... it really doesnt matter what kind you use just use a really good primer like URBAN DECAY PRIMER its amazing you can get it at ulta or sephora its pricy but you can use it up to 6months... and you can u a rally cheap shado or an expensive like mac... believe me i love shadowsssss...
    laly87

Answer by laly87 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2009