Does anybody else think that cats are gross animals?

Why would anybody want one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have three and I love them all. Other than the litter box thing, they're very clean animals, and really, as long as you scoop their boxes every day, it doesn't smell.
    I have a dog too, and I love him just as much as I love my cats.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:31 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• sarahleemorgan, do you think your cats are much more sneaky and sly than your dog is? I've never had any desire to get a cat because I think they are kind of bitchy. Do you feel that statement is true or false?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i wouldnt say they were gross i have a cat and love it but sometimes he can be a smart ass thats why he is outside now and not inside..but my cat has feline lukimia
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 3:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Cats can be snobby, but that doesn't make them gross and doesn't make me want to get rid of mine. I've had my girl for ten years and she has put up with dogs, ferrets, kids and men LOL So if she wants to have an attitude, who am I to say any differeny? LOL
    ethan0530

Answer by ethan0530 at 4:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I have six cats, and over the years I've had more or less. I like that they are fiesty and independent compared to dogs (which I have four of btw). They are relatively clean compared to most animals, a great many of them are more affectionate than dogs, and most are smarter. They don't eat out of the litter box ~ which IS gross!

I love that if you put a ktten and a puppy side by side and the same thing scares both, the puppy will piddle and run while the kitten will arch up and hiss. It's just the way they are ~ even though I do love puppies *G*

They can be spiteful and leave presents in your shoe, but they also make wonderful lap warmers,
    'most' are not super needy, mine play fetch just like the dogs, and they listen better than most toddlers. They are still only one step from wild, and having worked with cougars, I can see that there aren't many differences between the big cats and the smaller house versions.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:07 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I have three(one that is an outside stray we feed), and I think that the only thing about cats that is gross is the littler box, but if you keep it clean their isn't a problem, well that and if you don't fix them and they either spray or pee, to mark their spots, but all my pets are fixed, except our kitten who is not old enough yet. They are very sneaky, and sometimes bitchy but they are very lovable and great companions.
    LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 7:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Agreed. They're gross. Licking their butts, getting the sand from the litter box all over the house. There is a constant smell that's yucky. I hate the small of animals. Not an animal lover here!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I have four. I like them better than dogs! They bury their own poo, don't eat their vomit, give kisses and lovings to me, are cleaner than dogs, and are generally nice animals.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 9:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Yes, I think they are gross, too. They go step into their crap box and then walk everywhere- my sister's last roommate had a cat and he used to walk on the kitchen counter. YUCK- which is why my sister moved.

In all fairness- I'm not crazy about dogs, either. Guess I'm not a pet person.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I used to feel that way about cats. My views changed when I cat sat for a friend for about a month while their house was being renivated and the landlord allowed no pets in the place they were renting. This cat absolutely stole my heart. I didn't want to give him back, but I had to. So now I like cats.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2009