temper tantrums

my sonis almost 2 and has the worst temper tantrums he bangs his head into me the floor the wall how do i stop him is this normal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes sooner or later he will realize it hurts and stop or try putting him in time out for a couple minutes
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 5:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• well, up until now, has he gotten his way during his fits? would you end up caving sometimes? I wonder if he's just seeing if THIS type of fit will make you cave? my son used to hit himself when he got mad, I just let him and would say Ouch, doesn't that hurt? and eventualyl he realized it DID
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• yes I have heard that you just let them do it and when you dont give it attention or when it hurts bad enough they stop.. also to when he throws temper tantrums , put him in his crib or in a room where he is by himself.. hes looking for you to give him attention when he sees there is no one in the room giving him attention he will stop..

Also too if you do it consistently will be the best key everytime he does it pick him up and do exactly the same thing.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 11:37 AM on Oct. 15, 2009