To the mommies who don't vax your children. Do you vax your pets?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow, you guys scare me. I may not be familiar with child vaccinations, only know that we have to get them, but I do know alot about animal health and you guys are not caring for your pets and it sounds like your children very well either. If your dog or cat does not get other types of vaccinations, such as worming, heartworm preventative, feline luekemia and flea control, then you are not only hurting your pet, your'e hurting yourself and your family. Do you know the effects of any of these types of parasites? What they can do to you, your family and your pet? Please take the time to look those up as well as vaccinations for your children, to better educate yourselves on the harmful and costly possibilities if not vaccinated.
    ethan0530

Answer by ethan0530 at 5:03 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• nope that's BS too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• our dogs get what is required (ex. rabies, and possibly the parvo shot) other than that we dont worry about anything else, we have to keep their records up to date though (such as the rabies) b/c we travel across state lines a lot and people actually do check the "animal passports" other than that we dont really give a damn, they are healthy and fine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Ethan--- do some research. There are very good arguments to both sides of the vax debate.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 8:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Okay, I do not vax anyone in my family, except what the military required of my husband. However, why ask such a nasty, loaded question guaranteed to have vaxer's attacking non-vax'ers for our choices?
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I do vax kids and pets... but your question begs the question- do animals get autism? Although I personally do not believe there is a link, I do not know FOR SURE and therefor do not question what others do or believe. I do not expect to be judged or praised for my choice to vax, just respected. I do not judge or praise people for not vaxing, I just respect that it is their choice.
    SO- can animals have autism?
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I have done research and found that vaccinating for the more common problems was the best choice. I don't go crazy and just vaccinate whenever there is a new problem, but I do believe in vaccinations and I believe in keeping my family and pets as healthy as I can. I find it scary that people just seem to ignore the importance of vaccinations. Like I believe that only some people need to have the flu shot. Not all do. In the military it is a requirement. What else I found funny was that the military doesn't have the same vaccination schedule as does a civilian pediatric. It is our responsibilities as parents to research and ask questions about what we have done to our children, but also that needs to cover any and all parts of our lives.
    ethan0530

Answer by ethan0530 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2009