11 month old decided 2:00 AM is the new 6:30

So my son has been up since 2:00 AM it is now 2:55..... I am soooo tired and he's running around the apartment talking his head off and playing. I tried to get him to go back to sleep but instead of sleeping he played and screamed. It's going to be a looooonnnnnggggggg day. Have anything thats happened to you tonight/ this morning

Zacherysmommy08

Asked by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:56 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• One time isn't a horrible thing. But if it continues, maybe something to soothe him before he goes to bed and maybe a little later bedtime might work. Hope you get back to bed soon.
    ethan0530

Answer by ethan0530 at 4:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Consider not letting him run around or play at all. Its still quiet sleepy time. He doesn't "know" this just by telling him so you have to allow him to "feel" it. Low light, quiet, not playtime. Maybe a quiet book but thats about it. Even if he screams he'll scream his way to drowsiness.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:58 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• He screamed for about 45 min, and my husband has to work today. It's easier to let him play himself out tonight then listen to him scream. Now if it happens again it will be a different story, but this is the first time this has EVER happened in his life. And giving that we live in an apartment and I know I can hear the kid above me when she gets mad, I know that at 2 AM everyone will hear him. He's just being a booger tonight for some reason
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:03 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My 4m/o has been the same way for the past few days :( she wakes up at 3:30 and won't fall back asleep until around 6. Then my DS (2y/o) wakes up around 7. Needless to say, I am running on caffine! I feel your pain, momma!!!
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 6:03 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• He went back to bed at 3:30. He just laid down in the floor and fell asleep so I put him in his bed. If it happens tonight, he's gonna get to sit in his bed until he falls back asleep. lol i've never ever had him do wake up and STAY up like that. i think it might have been his teeth though because he was chewing on everything :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 8:37 AM on Oct. 15, 2009