which cereal should I Try? is it too soon? when do you know its time to use it?

Im thinking about trying cereal at night for my 2 month old im afraid it might be too soon. I dont want it to make her super fat,I just want to see if it will help with her sleeping better at night. She acts like she's not full at times. Do I just give her More ounces of milk? She drinks 5 oz but can go up to 8oz the most. She will wake up every2-3 hrs to feed all day and night. if i start a cereal can I stop it????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• dont start it now, shes WAY too young.

dont give it in a bottle either, spoon feed if at all, and if baby wont take it from a spoon she is too young to eat it at all.

just give her more milk if she needs it.

talk to her pediatrician before you do it if you plan on it. not women on ehre
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:02 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Giving her cereal is not gonna help her sleep at night..its too soon imo.And its normal for her to want a bottle every 2-3 hours.Mine is 4 months and takes 4-5 oz and still wants to eat every 2-3 hours.I have just started giving her cereal around noon for lunch (only once a day right now) and I think I might have started too soon.
    With that being said your her mother and have to make the decsion yourself whats best for your LO.Talk to her doc she will be able to help you make an informeddecsion.
    But if you do give it to her give her RICE cereal and feed her with a spoon.Good luck!!
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Sorry I have to say that I meant 5-6 oz not 4-5 oz.I just had to fix that :o)
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 8:06 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• With my daughter I started giving her rice cereal at around 2 in a half mths I feed her with a spoon she did good with it but it didnt help her sleep through the nite some people think it will but it really dosnt and I didnt feed it to her every day and tell she was like 3 to 4 mths. Mine started sleeping threw the nite at 3 mths but shes 11 mths know and she still wakes up every know and then manly when she is teething and she eats 3 meals a day it just depends. U can try and she how she dos.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Thats too young to start cereal my pediatrician told me I could start at 4 mths. Thier digestive system isnt mature enough yet. I wouldnt do it talk to your pediatrician about this. And cereal will not make her sleep longer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I just put like a teaspoon or 2 in my dd bottle at night time and that helped her sleep, it just thickened the milk a tiny bit and was enough to help her sleep longer. Not sure why they say not to give cereal in the bottle now days but when I was a baby that's what they did, we turned out just fine. Trying more milk is worth a try too if she drinks it then obviously she needs it.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 9:58 AM on Oct. 15, 2009