• In the Spotlight:

Why wont my baby sleep throught thhe night?

My son is 5 months old. He has always gotten up once during night to eat-but for last couple weeks he has been getting up every hour or two to eat an ounce of bottle then passes out.
I am exhausted-i dont know what i am doing wrong.

andrea5979

Asked by andrea5979 at 7:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are not doing anything wrong. Babies wake up during the night. Because they are wet or poopy. And need to be fed. Do not think just because he only wakes up once a night. That it will always be that way. Expect the unexpected when it come to babies

Answer by louise2 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• If he's only drinking an ounce before going back to sleep, he's not really hungry, he 's waking out of habit. Does he go to sleep by himself at night? That would be a first step, if he can do that the he can self soothe himself back to sleep when he wakes.

Answer by missanc at 9:30 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• he could be going through a growth spurt? or teething?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2009