Should i let him go?

My best friends mom (shes like another mom to me an my kids call her mom mom) well she wants to take my 5 yr old ova to her house this weekend for him to spend the night! Well idk if i wanna let him go because i dont feel its fair to my 3 yr old son she is planing on taken him next weekend but i dont think he would stay wit her because he doesnt like going anywhere with out me! I told him that if i let his brother go to her house that him an daddy could go an do something he seemed happy about that but idk! Does anyone have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• i would let him go i dont think its unfair. if he doesnt want to go the next weekend then atleast he got to go do something with daddy. which your 5 year old wont get to. so all in all i think its perfectly fair
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 8:58 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• let big brother go dont make him stay home bc little brother dont like to be with out u let him have fun and u have one less kid for a night im sure u need a break
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 8:58 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Actually, I think it would be unfair not to let big brother go.... as they get older, they start having their own friends, and will be invited to do things separately. It may be hard for the little brother at first, but his turn will come. Also, it gives you and daddy a great opportunity to do something special with little brother. What a great friend to be willing to take them each overnight one at a time. Three might be young for an overnighter, but still a nice offer. By the way, I have 3 boys, so I went through this too, but don't short change your older son to accommodate the younger one. He'll get used to it, and eventually be off doing his own thing!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Sometimes, one child gets to do things that another child doesn't. What are you going to do when the older one gets invited to a bday party that the 3 yr old isn't invited to? There will be different opportunities for each of them. I would let him go.

Answer by missanc at 9:28 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• It is much better if you forget about trying to be fair. If you never talk about things being fair when they are little then being fair won't be an issue. Life is not fair!

Kids are ready to do different things at different ages. If you find a pair of jeans on sale for one kid that doesn't mean you have to buy a pair of jeans for the other. Kids have different abilities and responsibilities at different ages.

If you don't try to make life fair you are less likely to hear kids yelling "that's not fair." They know it's not going to work on you.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2009