does it make you mad when you see.....

someone driving down the road with a small child and the child is jumping around the back seat? with no seat belt? it makes me so mad ......does anyone else get that way?

firstimemomm603

Asked by firstimemomm603 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OP--I answered your question earlier and had to tell you--I drive about 100 miles a day and saw a wreck today, later I was listening to the radio and a 1 year old was killed in the accident, they found a car seat in the trunk! The father is being charged with involuntary manslaughter, the wreck was not bad enough to have killed him if he had been in his car seat! How strange your question and this accident happens on the same day--I hope everyone on Cafe Mom reads this!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• YESSSSSS! I see this all of the time, I just don't get it, my DS used to unbuckle himself, and I immediately pulled over! I am in outside sales and drive for a living, and you would not belive how often I see this, like 2 or 3 times a day! The worst was the time I saw a Mom Nursing while driving! I called the cops on that one!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:35 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i always want to follow them and remind them how stupied they r
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Or when they have a child obviously too little to be in the front sit, but in the front anyway. Or when the roads are slick and people drive crazy and you have your kids in the car ( because for some reason they had to be with you ); so you're driving responsibly, but these people are putting everyone at risk on the road with them. I want to put a neon sign up that says," I have my kids in the car, BACK OFF crazy person!!!" Grrr. sorry that was off topic.
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 9:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• yesss, it is horrible. :(
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• oh yes, but I have to say that I don't come across it often. Maybe I'm just not paying close enough attention. BTW...I hate to admit this, but sometimes I forget to buckle my sonns seatbelt and dont realize it until he comes up and gives me a kiss when the light is red. I immediately put my car in park and buckle it. I feel so bad about that and how many moms were looking at me thinking that I just didn't care? If someone gave me a gentle reminder I would have been thankful. Maybe you should let your opinion be known. It could save a life ya know.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:57 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• There has to be a law against that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I haven't seen it personally, but my mom let me do that all the time when I was a kid. My grandparents let me do it too. I'm lucky we didn't get into a wreck, yeesh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• In most states, if not all, a child must be restratined using the proper restraints for that state, or it is considered child neglect. In my state, there are several restraints for age and wieght, but the oldest is 6 years or 80 pounds and they can ride without any booster/carseats, but they still have to have a seatbelt.

I have not seen this in years. If i would, i would probably call the police and give them a liscence plate number?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• oh yes i have some friends that do that and it makes me mad.
    mommaburns

Answer by mommaburns at 11:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2009