This is going to be a touchy one.... Has anyone ever has this eperience..

My infant is kept by an IHDC provider - which is great, my baby loves her, the 2 year old boy and the 2.5 year old girl she also keeps. This week she started keeping a 3 year old girl and this new child makes me uncomfortable!! My DCP will only keep 4 kids so she is now at her max and the other two little ones are sweet and helpfulwhen it comes to the Bee-Bee. This new little girl is sneaky-acting and there is something about her that make me uncomfortable having her around my infant! As I was putting my baby in the car seat yesterday this new child came up and snatched the baby's toy away from her while I truned my back for a second. How would you ladies handle this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would talk to the provider it is your right to make sure your babys r safe...
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 9:39 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• 3 years old and sneaky? She probably is used to getting attention, why not invite her mom over for coffee and do a little investigating? If you are really uncomfortable after you meet her mom, I would have a long talk with my day care provider and explain the situation. Can you find another mom you know and have her use the daycare's services? It is probably a monetary issue and if you have a good relationship with her, find a replacement if she is willing--but only after you investigate further! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I would agree with look into it further as the pp said. This girl sounds like she might have a lack of discipline at home.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• from the perspective of a mother of a sneaky 3 year old AND a baby, i can both understand your concern and perhaps comfort you. my 3 yr old is terribly sneaky (most of the time it's funny, but it can definitely be worrisome). kids at that age are constantly testing boundaries, because they're transitioning from complete dependency to a whole new stage, where they can do things on their own, form opinions, make decisions, etc. while my older girl is usua;lly (always) up to something, she is just doing it for fun and attention and would never hurt the baby. this may or may not be the case with the new child at your daycare, but i thought i'd try to shed some light from anothewr point of view! good luck! :)
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:58 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• OP: Oh I failed to mention that this new child has never been in a day care situation - her mom has always been at home with her. SO I am sure that she is having adjustment issues but as a first time mom - I do worry about things alot. This will sound ridiculous...but I didn't like the way this new child was looking at my baby this morning!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Find a new nanny! It's not worth your worry all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I am a daycare provider and I completely know what you are talking about.....Sometimes the new kids that come in have been able to get away with all sorts of things at home and they think they can do whatever they want. It takes a provider a little while to help the new one (especially a 3yo...lol) time to adjust to the new "rules".
    The best thing you can do, whatever the concern is really, is to talk to her openly and honestly about your worries. Try not to come accross as accusing her of anything, just tell her that you are concerned. Most of us are experienced moms, but we remember what is was like to be a first-time momma and all the little worries and concerns that go along with it, especially when you have to leave your baby with someone else.
    Give it time, there is always a little adjustment period when a new kid comes in. -- But please, talk to her about it!!! I can guarantee you that she will understand. =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:45 AM on Oct. 15, 2009