typical pregnancy pains or bladder infection??

I am having really bad upper back pains (like a back ache only up higher than my usual back aches). And my belly has been cramping. I've had my share of utis and kidney infections in the past and for me it never burns to pee. (As odd as that is!). So, how do I know if it's just pregnancy related or more serious? I am going out of town tomorrow and I have a lot to do today to get ready so any advice would be appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you have a history of UTIs you should go have a urine tested.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:02 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• For me, my bladder infection felt like I was going into labor. I was in excruciating pain, felt contractions, and I even thought my water broke. I didn't have any burning, which was strange. I went into L&D because it was on the weekend, but I would call your DR. They can check it there, too.
    acholt21

Answer by acholt21 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I've been wondering the same thing too!! I've been having the symptoms, like I have to pee really really really bad, then I barely go at all. It's so hard to know what is "normal" while you're pregnant.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i had the same pains. and i have have had alot of bladder/kidney infections. mine turned out to be kidney stones first time. and then after two weeks the pain came back and we found out i had e-coli in my kidneys. might wanna get it checked out asap
    snobunnie5698

Answer by snobunnie5698 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2009