How are things between you and your MIL and/or FIL right now?

Things with me and my In-laws couldn't be better! We physically met for the first time only a month and a half ago (my Husband and I have been Married 4 years, Our Son is 2). MIL and I chatted a bit on the phone last night, had some laughs, and she said "Love you!" before we handed the phones off to FIL and my Husband. FIL told Hubbie to say "Love you" to me for him before they hung up..it was so sweet! They love me, I love them..and I call them Mom and Dad, they are so caring and wonderful (I see where the Hubs gets it from, hehe). I'm the luckiest woman there is to have the best In-laws (and Husband!) ever!

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 10:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Good for you! I had a wonderful relationship with my MIL. She passed away 4 years ago to breast cancer. I miss her dearly. She was amazing and taught me so much. My relationship with my FIL is just as good! I love him, he's sweet, kind and always there for us, as we are for him. We have him over weekly for dinner since my MIL's passing.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:12 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I personally love my in-laws and they have been very supportive of me when my relationship with my husband wasn't going so well. Things are better with my hubby and I, but his parents told me that they would support me if I wanted to leave because he was an alcoholic. It was a huge help to me and getting him sober.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My MIL is seriously mentally impared. Horrible woman. I tried to like her but she's seriously evil. Neither me nor my fiance speak to her or her husband anymore. You can't rationalize with a drunk and you can't rationalize with mentally insane people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My in-laws are wonderful. They accepted me with open arms and they consider me family. I have visted them in Texas with our children by myself when DH was deployed. Not only are my MIL and FIL wonderful, but both extended families consider me part of the family and are wonderful to me.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Urrrr I can't stand my MIL. She is the biggest pot head I know and she thinks that since she did everything wrong with her kids 20+ yrs ago that she doesn't have to listen to me about my kid, because she raised 2 already ( and one is a heroin addict *just to make a point*)

Well atleast now she is "scared" of me. If she F's up with my kid she won't be seeing him for a long time, because she knows the rules and chooses not to follow them.(now she does because she knows what will happen if she doesn't) Man! I must sound like a bitch..... oh well
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My FIL is the kindest, most giving man I know who raised a son he can be proud of. My husband is just like his father, which is saying a LOT. I sent my FIL a Father's day card this year, which I've never done, and thanked him for being a great dad to his son and for raising him to be the best man I know.

My MIL, who is not married to my FIL, has no communication with her children or grandchildren. When she moved to England about 16 years ago, she ended all communications with everyone here. If she showed up on my doorstep I would probably kindly tell her to leave, that she is not family anymore. My husband can meet his mother someplace else, but not in our home.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:13 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Love my FIL and step-MIL. they have their faults but I get along better with them than my MIL and step-FIL. My MIL still has contact with my husbands ex and thinks that girl is the best thing in the world. I can't stand my husbands ex because of things that have happened in the past between us and between her and my husband. But my MIL refuses to listen to me when I tell her that it hurts me when she tells hubbies ex she wants to see her and misses her like crazy. i understand they were close but it's been 2 and half years that my husband and I have been together and my MIL still won't let the freakin girl go. Also my MIL tries to rule the way my hubby and I live and the way we are raising our son. She just really aggravates me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Peacefull. My FIL passed before we got together, my MIL is SO NOT my favorite person...actually I think she is a huge waste of oxygen, but we keep the peace. I have never let on how I feel about her, and she has always been decent to me. My poor SIL however is always butting heads with her. She had the misfortune of marrying the mama's boy of the family. My DH will tell her where to go if she gets to pissy. My BIL sucks her ass no matter what her behavior. Bullet doged for me!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:42 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My FIL and Step MIL are okay. They have their faults but they are kind. I won't let my daughter go with them anywhere ever as they do drink and drive. They can come over though.
    My MIL is the biggest 8itch in the world. I gained about 35 lb's when I had my daughter. Went from a size 4 to a size 10 (now a size 8) but my MIL had enough nerve to tell everyone that I was just horribly fat. That my husband wouldn't want me anymore because I was just ugly and fat. I let her have it for gossiping about me and told her my weight was none of her concern. I was in no way obese. I haven't seen her in three months. She's embarassed to come over.
    Anonymous

• awful. they are treating me like crap even more than usual now that their son and I are getting divorce....forget the fact that he abused me, cheated on me, was a raging alcoholic and drug user....yeah whatever, I cant wait til this is over.
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 1:02 AM on Oct. 16, 2009