What night meds can you take during pregnancy?

I'm on like 2 weeks of less than 5 hours of very broken sleep a night here. I'm sick- I'm about 8 weeks pregnant- and I'm falling way behind in my school work and housework because I'm exhausted. This is to the point that I think a good nights sleep- just to reset whatever is off in me, would be a miracle. When I'm not pregnant/nursing, I'd use Nyquil, but I know thats out. If I'm plum out of luck, that's OK, but I figured I'd ask.
Thanks!

IrishMommaC

Asked by IrishMommaC at 10:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my doc told me Tylenol pm BUT you arent suppose to take anything in your first trimester unless doc oks that. thats the most critical stage for medicine taking
    snobunnie5698

Answer by snobunnie5698 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• talk to your doctor and ask him i know when i was prego my doc told me i could take tylenol pm because i was having severe headaches and was unable to sleep but talk to your doc and see what they say
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• When I was pregnant and had a hard time sleeping my doctor said it was okay to take Tylenol PM. I did and it worked wonders! I didn't take it every night. And sometimes I would only take one. You don't need much. Just be sure to check with your doctor. Call him and ask. Good luck and sweet dreams!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My dr told me I could take tylenol PM but not every night
    You can also ask your dr for ambein SP? it is safe in pregnancy
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i took tylenol pm too while pregnant, but not until after i was 12 weeks preg. The Doc. said nothing like that until after the 12th week. Ask your OB.to be safe and see what they can do for you. I know what you mean about broken sleep, i can relate because i have 3 young children 4 and under and am 13 weeks preg. now.....talk about exaustion!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Tylenol PM for me as well! But still, I would consult with your doctor.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 7:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I was told by my doc with my first kid that you can take Melatonin. It's the natural thing that makes you fall asleep. You can find it in the herbal section. I wouldn't recommend any other herbal supplement unless you talk to your doc, but since this one was recommended by my doc I figure it is safe. You can also check out medications on www.safefetus.com. It's a website that tells if a med is going to harm your growing bundle or joy or not. Has been a God-send to me during this pregnancy.
    jdelain79

Answer by jdelain79 at 2:44 AM on Oct. 16, 2009