Is Biden becoming the chief White House skeptic on escalating the war in Afghanistan?

I have no doubt that Joe Biden is a loyal guy -- the question is who deserves his loyalty most? His "team" isn't the White House, but the whole country. And if it becomes clear in the coming days that his loyalty to these two teams is in conflict, he should do the right thing. And quit.
~Ariana Huffington, Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/why-joe-biden-should-resi_b_320929.html

Who agrees with Ariana's opinionated critique of Biden's Newsweek article?
http://www.newsweek.com/id/217090

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/why-joe-biden-should-resi_b_320929.html

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know if I would agree with her. I haven't really thought that deep about the loyalties, as elected officials are supposed to represent their constituency rather than their own agenda. It's just so dang hard to figure out which of these are the priority anymore (not really). I think that if this is the feedback he is getting from people that are directly in contact with him then he has a responsibility to represent the people's thoughts. I think that if we are ever to get past the 'toe the party line' $hit then he has to stay as VPOTUS.

Besides, I would really miss his gaffes.  wink mini

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• YOU read huffington Post??? Shall I attack like you would if I posted an article from HuffPo??
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:28 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I read all sides. I merely asked if people agreed with the aforementioned OPINIONATED article. I don't take the website as the spoken political WORD that so many liberals do.. But rather to open debate on whether people agree with the opinions of______? There is a difference between asking for opinions on an article and using the article as fact to prove ones case. Try it sometime... :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:32 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I do try it sometime, and you and your posse attack and dont respond to the articlenot to mention discredit it for simply being ON HuffPo...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:36 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Good point Sweet. If the hypocracy shoe fits, but those who own them won't wear them...
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 10:39 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• When used as fact, imo~it can and should be dicredited from both sides. When referred to as AN OPINION and asked if others agree with it, it is a..... wait for it..... DEBATE... Something which you are attempting to throw a hissy fit over and not answering the question... I have seen you use huffington as a fact based source, not as a critique on opinions. You, swee-a-kins preach HuffPo, NOT question it. There is a difference.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Is perhaps~ avoidance is the liberal way?... Especially when asked to critique their own? Touchy sensitive group, aren't you? :oP

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

Funny, that's EXACTLY what I'm saying...anything posted by a liberal is attacked by YOU and your group as non-sense especially if a link is provided from a "liberal" site..but when you find an article that you think HELPS your cause, your all over it. Whatever.

What you don't understand is they ALWAYS have things on there about DEMS and repubs, you just can't always answer the points so you discredit by saying it's Huffpo, enough said..

So I will say the same its HUFFPO, ENOUGH SAID

(and BTW, I won't say if I agree or disagree, your only trying to prove a point, not have a dialogue)

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Yes, Sweet and PS are avoiding the question. Of course, if you posted a Fox article, they would accuse YOU of using a biased source, and still wouldn't answer the question. You can't win, Grly.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Oct. 15, 2009