Do you use Cloth Diapers?

Hi I am wanting to go all green and was wondering do they really work or is it just a mess thats the reason i never started it but I'm changing my life for the better I want to go all green so please give me some advice on this mamas thanks in advance!

happymama7

Asked by happymama7 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• We use the BumGenious 3.0 diapers and love them. I've been using the same 12 diapers with my daughter for about 16 months now and they still work great. I'm expecting again so I'm planning on getting another dozen before this baby arrives--- and I want to potty train my daughter after Christmas. Its saved a ton of money.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:39 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Join a cloth diaper board. I used cloth with my DD and will do it with my next.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Cloth diapers for two here and loved it. It is no messier then other diapers IMHO. We used fitted with wool covers/pants until they started on solids (ie solid poop) and then did prefolds with a snappi and with tight fitting wool covers/pants. Breastfed poop goes right in the wash with the other diapers and one the solid poop starts just scrape the solid in the toilet and wash as normal. I also feel cloth is part of the reason both my kids were fully potty trained by 26 months old!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:53 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Yeah, my kid was potty trained at 18 monhs. I was cloth diapered and was potty trained at 12 months.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I used cloth diapers. I had Mother Ease brand, from Canada. They are so soft and never leak. It is a good idea - paper diapers have a chemical salt in them that keeps absorbing any moisture. Not a good thing to have on baby's sensitive areas!!
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 8:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2009