Since Islam is so bad then how come more people are converting to it?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33226662/ns/world_news-world_faith/

Why are people leaving their Christian faith and going to Islam? I'm confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I kind of wondered that myself. I have no idea.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:30 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• well you cant really claim that someones religion is bad honestlyyou ahve no idea which religion is right or if it really even matters in the end but to claim someonesreligion is bad is kinda wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I kind of wondered that too. It seems to me that Jews and Muslims are more in common that us Christians. Why don't they eat pork and we do? This doesn't make sense. Why do they both cover their hair and we don't. I have been thinking about this for a long time too, funny this came up. I think I am going to stop eating pork and drinking alcohol. Being more modest wouldn't hurt me either. I don't know if I can cover my hair though, I think people might hate me for it.

Does anyone know the difference between all the religions? I dont know much just some.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• honestly if you look at alot of the religions they arent that much different i get tired of hearing people claim another religion is the wrong one when they are all connected in one way or another like christians claiming that judaismis wrong when jesus himself was JEWISH hello i think people need to get off the whole wrong and right religion and jsut have faith
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Islam is like any other religion. It has it's crazy over zealous members that give the entire crowd a bad name, but at the core it's a beautiful and peace filled faith... I honestly don't understand the stigma!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:42 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Honestly I think many people picked up the Quran after 9/11 to find out more about Islam. Many Americans have since converted/reverted. From what religion? I don't know.

realPatientMama

Answer by realPatientMama at 10:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• "I kind of wondered that too. It seems to me that Jews and Muslims are more in common that us Christians. Why don't they eat pork and we do? This doesn't make sense. Why do they both cover their hair and we don't. I have been thinking about this for a long time too, funny this came up. I think I am going to stop eating pork and drinking alcohol. Being more modest wouldn't hurt me either. I don't know if I can cover my hair though, I think people might hate me for it.

Does anyone know the difference between all the religions? I dont know much just some."

Because Jews follow the OT closer than Christians do. I personally have more respect for Jewish people, seeing as they devote their entire lives to studying the OT and the Torah. They do not eat pork because the Bible says not to. There are reasons why they dress how they do and act how they do...because of the Bible. They follow it rigidly, they don't cherry pick it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• And Islam, I honestly don't know enough about it to speak with confidence. There are quite a few Muslim moms on here, I'm sure they can tell you more about it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Because Jews follow the OT closer than Christians do. I personally have more respect for Jewish people, seeing as they devote their entire lives to studying the OT and the Torah. They do not eat pork because the Bible says not to. There are reasons why they dress how they do and act how they do...because of the Bible. They follow it rigidly, they don't cherry pick it.

---so then if Islam came after Christianity and Jews came before....why do they have more in common than us? Makes me feel like we are missing something or we misunderstood the Bible. Are you saying we cherry pick the bible?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Well...yeah, to put it bluntly. I don't mean to start a fight, but really. Have you read Leviticus? It's the book most people quote when they want to condemn gay people. In that same book, it condemns eating cloven-footed animals (pigs) and wearing a garment that's made from two or more fibers. It also gives a list of birds that should not (but some are) eaten, it says that shellfish of any kind should not be eaten, and a million other rules and regulations. I can't tell you why so many Christians pick certain verses out of Leviticus to use against people but ignore the rest. Perhaps out of convenience? Perhaps they just like barbecue, shrimp, and spandex too much? I dunno. I'm not sure of the exact origins of Judaism and how Christianity correlates to it. I don't want to say something that'll get me in trouble, so I'll let someone else answer that. Everyone interprets the Bible differently, I guess.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:07 AM on Oct. 15, 2009