Tell me what i can give him

my 9 month old son is on 2nd stage baby food is not really interested in it anymore so i tried thrid stages food. but he does not like that either. he will gummy things that are soft and likes that so much better what foods can i give so i can take him off baby food?

victoriak12708

Asked by victoriak12708 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Talk to your childs dr
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Your baby can eat regular foods. You never have to use commercial baby food. Babies can start solids at 4-6 months with mashed banana or sweet potato. Since your baby is so old he should have no problems with mashed food. He can feed himself.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:04 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Yea I would talk your ped. My babies doctor said that I could start him on mushed table food at 9 months old. Maybe you could blend up real fruits and veggies and other healthy things that you cook for him.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• You can feed him almost anything that you are eating, as long as he can mash it in his mouth and not choke on it. He should be able to start on some saltine crackers or cheerios by now, just watch him fairly closely at first until you are sure that he can handle it.
    Small chunks of bananas, canned fruit (peaches, pears, etc), corn, peas, cooked carrots, shredded cheese, yogurt, applesauce, cooked noodles, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, veg soup (strained), oatmeal, cream of wheat, scrambled eggs, refried beans, ........
    Just make sure that everything is cut into small pieces and that you keep a good eye on him. You can start giving him bites of your food too.....My daughter used to LOVE to share a bowl of cereal with me! =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:35 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• banana
    cooked carrots, green beans
    mashed potato
    other mash-able/soft fruits and veggies
    gerber graduate puffs (fast dissolve in mouth)
    grilled cheese
    applesauce
    oatmeal
    yogurt (dairy in this and cheese is fine before the age of one, ask your doctor)
    try little pieces of whatever you are eating.

my daughter didn't get her first tooth until 11 months, and she could eat all these things and more.
    just ask your doctor.

DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• You don't need to feed him mashed foods. My dd liked a lot of the things DRMO329 mentioned, but a few more things are:

Black or Pinto Beans,
    cheese
    Pasta's are a BIG hit. Something small like shells or something.
    Baked red potato (2 mins in microwave then puncture it with a fork, then 2 more minutes. Cut into small pieces.)
    Sweet Potato (you can do this in the microwave too, look it up though because I'm not sure on the exact time)
    Tofu
    Frozen waffles

Then whenever you're eating something look and see what you think he might be able to handle and give it a try. It's amazing what they can eat when they don't have any teeth. My dd only used pureed baby foods until she was 7 months, after that it was all table foods.
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah, and scrambled egg yolks. I always added some peas to the eggs to get my dd to eat peas.
    Anonymous

• Peas are a great first food. As are ripe bananas and any other soft fruit like a ripe peach. You can also try a no sugar added apple sauce. Shredded cheese and scrambled eggs are a great first foods too if you have no food allergies in your family. At 10 months old my DD loved to eat crushed pineapple, which was super convenient for me (even when away from the house) because you can just buy it in the cans. You can also offer noodles. I like to buy the miniature Barilla noodles at Walmart. You can boil them in vegetable broth instead of water for flavor and added vitamins.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2009