Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Care about your rights?

We can not stand by and let our rights as parents be taken away. While the discussion rages about Healthcare, there are other issues taking place that the media is not covering (big surprise). The UN, under the cover of "protecting" our children, will end up taking away our rights as parents and the sovernity of our country.

Please call this week and ask your representatives to NOT ratify the CRC (UN Convention on Rights of the Child). Ask them to support the Parental Rights Amendment to the US Constitution.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (8)
  • Please watch this video.....

    The Parental Rights Amendment is registered as:
    House bill H.J. Res 42
    Senate bill S.J. Res 16

    Please call, e-mail and fax your Sentors & Reps

    Susan Rice
    US Ambassador do the United Nations


    Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

  • Everyone should watch this and get informed. thank you!

    Answer by LUVWJ at 11:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

  • Thanks, I am going to post this where ever I can and email to friends and family members.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

  • It isn't all factual (your link, not you). And it doesn't take away our rights as parents. Instead defines the rights of a child under the age of 18 to not be abused and to have acts of violence treated as strongly as acts of violence against adults are.

    You are focusing on one point of the CRC that says children have the right to medical treatment and you are assuming that is in regards to birth control and abortion, however US laws superceed the access to these forms of medical care, and that is a full up straight fact. PLUS there is already a HIPPA law in place that covers this. By denying this we are saying children in other countries are not entitled to equality, as in the case of abuse/brainwashing of a child to become a soldier in Sudan.

    Don't read from your religious bias, and remember, the UN only sets common standards and cannot overturn our laws.

    Answer by urkiddingright at 12:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

  • AND this has been in effect since 1989. Which would mean that our rights have been gone for 20 years.

    Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

  • NOPE the U.S has not ratified the treaty yet.So that is wrong Cavalrybaby02

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

  • Some of the countries who have ratified it have some of the worst civil rights violations in the world. They treat children like slaves and chattel. The UN has done nothing to change that.

    I'm personally disgusted with the UN. I don't support this bill. However, if it DID manage to pass (after 20 years) it wouldn't change anything because the UN is useless.

    Answer by mancosmomma at 2:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

  • The CRC wouldn't be binding as law in any event.

    Answer by gdiamante at 2:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.