domestic violence and pregnancy

i am 13wks pregnant and recently split up with my babys father. he has a problem with drinkin and he gets violent hes hit me 5 different occasions in 8months of us being together once while i was pregnant this is why i left he is tryin to reconcile with me and says he wants to be in his childs life but he has no intention of stopping the drinkin should i let him back on our life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• HELL NO!!!!! you are smart to split from him. He should never be around the baby he will use the baby to get to you. You should report him to the police for hitting you. You will need this on record. Make a clean split I would not even ask him to help with money. KEEP AWAY from him he is dangerous.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i wouldnt go back to him but as far as him letting him see his child i wouldnt leave my childs sight when hes around. ya never know what might happen. glad to hear u left him no one needs to be treated like that.
    mommaburns

Answer by mommaburns at 11:13 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• NO! If he's not changing, the best place for you to be is FAR FAR away.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 11:14 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Blain...
    Once a abuser always an abuser. I have a very close friend who is going through a similar situation right now but she has a 2 y/o and is 2 months along. I will tell you what I told her. GET OUT! If he wants to see the baby make him take you to court for visitation. While you are there bring up child support. But please for the sake of your unborn baby, don't stay with him. If he hit you while you are pregnant than he obviously doesn't care anymore for your unborn baby than he does you.
    I know first hand what growing up in an abusive home can do to not only a child but also an adult's mind. Stay with family or go to a shelter, anything has to be better than staying there and being beat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• DUH, hell no! He doesn't deserve you and you can do it all by yourself! Raising a child in a domestic abuse home is a cycle that needs to be stopped! Why subject your child to this kind of enviroment? If he's not willing to stop drinking he's not willing you make this relationship work at all! Good luck and keep your head up, stay strong!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:20 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• NO honey RUN! Please my ex said the same thing. I lost one child because of him hitting me. It is not worth it. He admits he doesn't want to change. RUN!
    itsnotaboutm765

Answer by itsnotaboutm765 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• no

Answer by admckenzie at 1:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2009