Do you cater to your husband's every whim to make your life more comfortable?

And do you stay home? Starting to feel like the minority here that I don't wipe his butt for him.

rlemde

Asked by rlemde at 11:18 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• hell no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I don't cater to my husband but I do alot of things for him because I am lucky enough to be a SAHM and while he has a tough day I get the joy of being with my babies. So I will do things like get his drinks, pick up his clothes etc because I feel like it shows how much I appreciate him :O)
    itsnotaboutm765

Answer by itsnotaboutm765 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I have never wiped my husbands butt. But I do cater to him- alot- when he's home. He's only with us on Sundays and I see him for about 2 hours a day that we're not sleeping (he has full time school and work). He sees the kids for maybe 5 hours during the week (other than Sunday). So yes, I make his life as easy as possible. I stay home so I take care of everything within our walls and he is working hard to keep us afloat now and to give us a better future.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 11:22 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• if you feel you are wiping his butt than something is wrong. And you may have to put your foot down.

Your are partners in this marriage.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I am a sahm., like the previous 2nd poster, I don't cater, and he doesn't expect me to, the only thing he wants is the house kept in order, and a nice dinner when he gets home.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 11:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I have never wiped his butt. I do however make him breakfast and dinner everyday. Wash his dishes, make him drinks, do his laundry, clean up after him in general. I do it because I love him and I am lucky enough to be a SAHM to my little man. I know it doesn't work for everyone but I love "catering" to him. I guess I am the type of person who likes to feel needed and appreciated for the things I do.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I've been a stay-at-home mom for 38 years, and I do all I can to make my husband's life more comfortable for him, not for me. My life is already very comfortable, and making his life enjoyable makes me happier.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:28 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I work part-time and my husband works rotating swing shifts. He is on a 4 on/4 off schedule. If I am off work on a day that he's working, then I will cook his dinner, clean, take care of things and even fix his plate and bring it to him when he gets home from work. He works a very dangerous, demanding job for 12 hours a day and it's just my way of saying 'Thank you for taking care of us and not complaining about it'. If he is off work and I'm working, then I will come home to see my dinner cooked and ready for me...by him. It's his way of saying 'I know your tired, let me take care of you'. We care for each other because that's what we promised each other we would do when we got married.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 11:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I guess some would see what I do as "catering" to him. But the reality is that we do things for each other. I do things for him that help him out and make him feel good and he does the same for me. He stops by the store and buys me chocolate when he knows I've had a hard day or I'm PMSing and he'll rub my back and generally be very nice to me, and when he's hard a hard day, I take his boots off and let him watch something he wants to watch on tv. So we "cater" to each other.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I stay at home and cater to my husbands every whim because I love him! he deserves it
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 11:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2009