Does anyone else get annoyed when TV shows have incorrect medical info?

Last night on Glee, the high-school couple goes to the OBGYN for a 10-week ultrasound and are told, "It's a girl." Umm... the earliest an ultrasound can POSSIBLY help determine the gender of a fetus is 12 weeks... and even then, it's not very accurate and it's usually only determined between 18 and 20 weeks. I just get really irritated when shows have totally bogus medical information. Don't they hire someone to check that stuff out?

Do you get irritated with stuff like this too? Have any good examples of shows including erroneous info like this?

arouthier

Asked by arouthier at 11:32 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ok, it's not nearly so critical, but Trading Spaces drives me nuts. They NEVER paint properly! (long strokes, left to right)

I heard from a neighbor of a Trading Spaces home owner that on TV the finished product looked great, but in real life it looked slapped-together crappy.
    cutiemoose

Answer by cutiemoose at 11:37 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• The shows that always irritate me are the crime shows like CSI. They have the female CSIs out at crime scenes with their long hair flowing all over the place and low cut shirts showing their boobs. I think an actual CSI would pull their hair back so they don't contaminate the crime scene and would probably wear something more appropriate for work but I guess that's why the shows are successful!, sex sells! LOL, I know it's just a show but that still bugs me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Haha! I just watched this episode on Hulu, and that was nagging me in the back of my mind for the whole episode! It's not a huge deal, but it did get under my skin a little. But, at the same time, the show does have the cheerleaders wear their uniforms to school EVERY DAY, so I also understand that they are not trying to be entirely realistic. If it were Grey's Anatomy or something like that, I would be kinda pissed.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 11:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2009