How much does Santa bring your toddler?

I'm new to this whole Santa thing. Last year my son was only 13 months old, so he really didn't care. This year he loves his toys and is over his love of the paper and boxes! =D Lol! So, how m uch did Santa bring your kid when he or she was 2? I was thinking maybe a toy or 2...an outfit...and a stocking. I don't want to get him too much because the grandparents always go overboard with Christmas...but I don't want him to look back at the pictures when he's bigger and thinking we didn't care as much as his grandparents.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Holidays

• My 14 month old ( will be 16 months) is getting 6 under$20 toys and a stocking for our house, grand parents can just do whatever. I want to get him all of these cute fun looking toys but I'm holding off for christmas, that's why he is getting so much.
    Anonymous

• This is a though one for me because I have always been told that I spoil my boys. The grandparents in this family can't go overboard because there are so many children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren to buy for. So each usually ends up with one or two things from each grandparent. This has never bothers my children, but my family always tells those of us mommies that buy more than a couple of presents for each child that we are spoiling them. The amount of presents also depends on the cost. Like last year my two oldest boys only got 5 a piece while my youngest go a few more. The oldest got a PSP and 2 movies and 2 games, my middle got a DS and 4 games, while my toddler who turned 3 right before Christmas got toys to equal the price of the video games. And of course they got the standard 2 outfits apiece. I guess you just have to weigh cost with amount and do what you think is best for your child.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Nothing. We want to teach our kids who Santa really was and what he did
    Anonymous

• If you raise him well he wont think gifts equal love (or caring as you said) so it shouldn't matter how many gifts he gets.
    Anonymous

• Thanks anon 11:35 for that reminder. =)
    Anonymous

• Well my dd is 3 this year and she got about the same amount each year. 20. ANd 2-3 are big presents. I am getting her a kitchen playset this year so tha twill be her big present. My son who is 4 is getting a my first remote control car. Handy Mnanny everything. A fake toll play set thing. Where he drill and saw and stuff. He is getting that weird talking dump truck that dances and sings for his big present.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 12:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I'm getting my three year old daughter what she "wants" from Santa and the rest of her gifts are from me. She asked for some chocolate, a book and a dinosaur from Santa. The chocolate will be in her stocking and maybe the book depending on how big it is.

Growing up we always had one present from Santa and the rest from mom and dad. However, my parents always brought the presents out on Christmas Eve after we were in bed, so when we were very little we didn't notice that only one was from Santa. I think to fix that I'm going to wrap her Santa present really special.

I am getting her some boardgames, floor puzzles, an easel and some toy kitchen accessories.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• He only brings stockings in my house. He may also bring something for the girls to share (game, movie, cd).
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• BOOKS, CARS AND OTHER 3 TOYS MORE.
    nily

Answer by nily at 9:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Growing up,we always got 1 toy from santa. And that is what I do with my kids now. I can understand where you are afraid that he won't feel as loved by you guys. I worry about the samae thing with my in-laws, they always have to try to out do my parents with my kids presents, even at my 1st baby shower, she went and bought the most expensive thing and then pretty much bragged about it. The way i look at it is if ii raise my kids right they will see that money isnt everything, and appreciate what they have .
    rebel_momma

Answer by rebel_momma at 11:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2009