is it really possible, at age 39 w/ a 6 yr old daughter, to meet a nice man and settle down????

I'm really beginning to believe I'll never get married

sassafrass888

Asked by sassafrass888 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Of course it is, you just haven't met your better half yet! People today meet people through dating websites, why not give one a try?? I know of a lot of people older than you that have met really nice men, the site has matched them to a tee, give it a try.

Answer by older at 12:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• yes its possible why not? u arent 80 girlfriend.! u are still young....
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Hey, Don't give up, don't settle for less, and never let them see you sweat. :)

Yes, you will meet the man of your dreams, don't rush it, take your time, and don't look, when you look-you never find. It is stupid I know.

Continue on living your life with your kid, but go to the library, school functions, they have single dances. Enjoy life, but don't rush it. He/She is out there for you.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Yes it's possible! I had 3 boys when I met my Husband. Don't give up hope, but also don't make it the center of your world. I think once you learn to be happy on your own the rest will follow.
    I was settled, content to be alone. I was happy to be a single Mom and then there he was. I wasn't looking and he just appeared.
    My sister just said the same thing you said about a month ago, I told her the same thing and now she's seeing someone that is so good to her, and they are so happy! So remember, you want someone in your life to add to it, not because you're lonely. Keep smiling, it will happen for you!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• WAIT! It is better to be without a husband than to be with the wrong one.
    Anonymous

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 1:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Of course. I had 3 children and knew that any man who wanted to be with a woman with 3 kids was half crazy! But guess what, I'm now happily married to a man who loves me more than life itself and it an incredible stepdad to my 3 kids as well as a great dad to our little one.

Answer by missanc at 1:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Of course!  Love doesn't have an age limit! 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

ohh, sooo true! Be careful and not desperate. Make sure you have your priorities straight. Find a nice man, not the richest or best looking or without kids. All that will bring you grief.
    Anonymous

• I met my 2nd husband at 42 and I had two young boys when we first met. He is a wonderful man and terrific step-father. But it took a while to find him. I had to be open and truly ready to find someone this special.
    Dlp11494

Answer by Dlp11494 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2009