What can I get my 18 month old for Christmas that is non-materalistic?

I know he is gonna get tons of stuff from grandparents! I would like to spend around $100 total.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Holidays

• If you want to spend money its going be materialistic lol. We like to give memories like a trip to the zoo or science museum. Figure out something age appropriate and take lots of pictures!
    Anonymous

• a toy appropraite for his age
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• get a memory chest (toy box) that you can later put everything your baby loved growing up and give it to him once your baby starts a family of his own :)
    Anonymous

• Put the money in his college fund

Answer by rkoloms at 1:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• What about something new for his room....a toddler bed, a fun car rug, a new bin organizer for his toys, or something similar.
    Think about the things he will need in the next year....a booster seat for the table, a potty chair, fun dishes sets, a nice coat and snow pants, new clothes, etc.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• US Savings Bonds

Anonymous

• I made my son a mommy and me book at www.snapfish.com and his dad gave him a daddy and me book. Its very cute and he looks at it constantly. We wrote little stories of memories through out the year in it. We are going to make this a yearly tradition.
    www.personalizationmall.com has very cool gifts. I also made my son a family throw blanket it has my husband, him me, his grandparents on both sides and his cousins on it. Its very special and he'll keep it forever. Its become his security blanket.
    Anonymous

• I would say go practical. He is going to get a ton of toys and videos and such so try buying some clothes for the upcoming season, P.J.'s or shoes. I would do at least one 'fun' thing from mom and dad though. Something he will be excited about. Saving bonds were good to. AS is a college fund. Never to early to start those things.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Hmm...

Maybe a membership to the zoo or something else fun? Then you can go all year.

Anything practical.

Money in college savings or just start him a savings account.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I WAS GONNA SAY A SAVINGS BOND TO, MY DD'S GODFATHER'S FAMILY ALWAYS GIVE HER THEM ....I KNOW SHE WILL ENJOY IT ALLOT IN THE FUTURE !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2009