Is it RUINED?

My Dad just jumped my ass because I forgot to take the tubberware that had some chili left-overs in it home and clean it yesterday. (He is my boss and brought me some hommade chili for lunch yesterday in one of his tubberware containers). He said that now it's going to be stained and ruined. I do realize that sometime tomato based sauces can stain tubberware.. but is it really that crucial? Would you throw away nice tubberware (not that toss away stuff) because it was tinted a little orange?

AMsMommy212

Asked by AMsMommy212 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wash it with Dawn liquid. That should fix it. You may have to do it more than once but it's not ruined

Answer by admckenzie at 1:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't throw it away, but i definetly get pissed. My husband does that all the time to my Tupperware. So now I only send him with the ones he has already stained.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• no lol wow. Yes it will stain but it clean it with hot water and soap it will be clean. and if u wash it more than once it will go away, or if u put steaming hot water and soap and in it let it sit it will go away trust me
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 1:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Nope, unless it smelled. I would go by the kind that isn't supposed to do that. Wrap it up with a note I am sorry. An overkill apology might let him know his response was over kill. Plus I think it would be funny.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I use Greenworks and that works very well. No I would not throw it away AT ALL and if he is gonna then clean it up make him something that he likes and put it that container and show him that you saved it. Is daddy having a bad day?!
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Oh yeah if it was something I did often I could see that.. but he like literally raised his voice and was pissy about it..
    I'm pretty sure my Dawn foaming stuff will get it off anyways, it's worked in the past on tough tomato sauces! lol
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• LOL raemommy, for real! We did have an employee spring a "suprise vacation" on us, and we had to let him have it because we cant afford to lose him right now.. so I guess that had him in a sour mood.. but why do I have to be the scapegoat!! :-(
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• There's a dish soap that has bleach in it- I think it's the Dove brand. Try that out.
    Anonymous

• Um, you may want to ask him what is really bothering him today. This to me sounds a bit like he just took something out on you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• saok it in oxy clean it will remove the stain. Daddy is over reacting why did he put itin something that might get stained.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2009