If Jeremiah was alive today . . .

Okay, I was reading in Jeremiah this morning (in my car as I waited for Trader Joes to open). Jeremiah was a prophet who spoke for God in a culture that was full of prophetic liars. He was known as the weeping prophet because he was grieved at the hearts of the people who rejected God. For a while he even thought he was the only believer left, although God told him that He had a remnant left.

Anyways, I was thinking about our culture and how it has changed so much. I was wondering what Jeremiah would think if he was alive in the United States right now. What would God be saying to Him-- what would the word be? What would Jeremiah think about our culture and the heart of our country?

Just kinda tripping out. I believe his message and heart would be much the same. What do you think?

Please be serious and kind, because this is close to my heart; I was crying for our country this morning.

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 1:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• This is a pointless question. to ask what a prophet would think of today is to ask the people to make things up about a prophet of God. that is not good.
    Anonymous

• Oh, I am not asking for a prophesy!!! I am sorry if that is how it sounded.

Maybe most people here are not that familiar with the history of the Babylonian captivity. I just see some historical similarities and it was making me ponder if Jeremiah would be crying over our world as well.

Sorry for the confusion. Maybe I will erase this question . . .
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• good question cinnamon-mom... i think if he were here today he would be weeping.

Gotta get to a meeting but may come back and post another thought on this later.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• but i do see your point in crying for our country. actually crying we should be weeping for the world.
    Anonymous

• but it is really nothing but conjecture. it's impossible not say what we think he would think.
    Anonymous