Has anyone every had their newborn taken away from them at the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• both my dds were taken to the nursery for bit---I had a c-section w/both---DH went with them and watched through the windows until they came back to my room---maybe 2hours @ the most they were gone....

If that's what you ment by taken
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• When I worked for CPS, we were called in too take a newborn that was just an hour old because the mom tested positive for cocaine at delivery. In my state any mom who tests positive for an illegal substance at delivery has her baby immediately removed.
    Anonymous

• i didnt get to see or hold my baby til the third day.. my baby was early and was born with pneumonia :(
    Anonymous

• What do you mean?
    1. My son when I had a c-section, and I told my hunny to follow them.

2. otherwise no
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• they took our little guy to the nursery after my c section for a while and then every couple hours they took him for a half hour or so because his blood sugers where low and they were having to test him frequently but other then that no
    RykersMom04

Answer by RykersMom04 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• They took my daughter to the NICU immediately after delivery. She was making funny breathing sounds as they were taking all the measurements, so they wrapped her up, let me kiss her, and then whisked her off. I didn't get to see her again until they moved me to my post-partum room that afternoon and took me by the NICU on the way. Luckily it didn't turn out to be a too serious problem, but she had to stay there for 10 days for antibiotics. It was horrible not having my baby with me. :(
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• After my daughter was born I nursed her/held her for about an hour and a half to two hours and then they took her to the nursery. My husband actually carried her there and was with her until after the bath and they put her under the warming lights and she fell asleep. While she was gone they moved me to a different room and then he went and got us dinner. After we ate dinner, then he went and brought her back to our room.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• if you mean against your wishes and not for any pressing medical or legal reason i would think you probably need to consult an attorney.... ?
    mse04

Answer by mse04 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• you ahve to expalin the question better. you mean gainst your will or what? my dd was atken to get her hearing test, and my ds whenhe was circumcised oh and hearing test
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I think this person means the actual baby taken from her custody. That' just what I'm thinking otherwise yes the baby goes to the nursery after delivery-well mine did I had a c-section and needed to recover.
    Anonymous