Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What am I going to do?!?

I am so scared right now. I moved into a new place less than a month ago. I live rent-free because I take care of the house and help out a 93 year old woman. She has been healthy but she is in a wheelchair. She got very sick after only two weeks and now I've been told I have two weeks to move out because she has to have a live-in nurse. I have no job and in two weeks, my son and I will be homeless. I don't know what to do. Please give me suggestions because soon, we will be living in my car.


Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • oh no. ok sweetie u have to have at least one friend? that has a house u can stay there for at least 3-4months to save enough money to find a small place to stay. I would also look for a place online to rent a room. there are lots of ppl that cant afford a place by theirself so they rent a room for someone to share a house with. it is half the rent u can find a job at mcdonalds or if u already have a job keep it and find a place or a family that u need to talk to get into with to see if theywill let u movein for a while even if its across the nation GL

    Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 1:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

  • Contact social services agencies to try to find emergency housing. Contact home care agencies to try to find another live-in gig.

    Answer by rkoloms at 1:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

  • Can you find another similar position? I see jobs on my local craigslist quite often for live-in help. Do you have any family that can help you and provide you with a temp home? I suppose a shleter would be better than your car as a last resort.......I know you are anon, but if you post what state you are in, maybe someone knows of something.

    Answer by christyg at 1:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

  • Emergency housing, contact Social Services.

    Answer by KFree907 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

  • Get a job and if your son is old enough let him get a job also. You must have some friend or family member who would help you out a little if you absolutely dont want state help.

    Answer by amber710 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2009