"All natural birth."

Did you have an all natural birth? And if so why. When I say all natural I mean absolutely no drugs or medications during delivery. I myself did not. I had pitocin and an epidural. And pain medication since I was cut on. Plus I bfed whith the medication in my milk.

blondiemaker07

Asked by blondiemaker07 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had 2 going on 3 completely natural births.  I chose this for myself because I researched all different kinds of ways to deliver and this is what I feel comfortable with. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Yes, i had an all natural birth. I honestly can say, that i have had tummy upsets more painful than labor. I was very focussed & very into it when i was laboring. I was not scared at all. It was a wonderful experience, and i will never ever take any drugs or have an epidural for future pregnancies.

I did it because i wanted to be %100 there. I wanted to experience the whole thing. I was not afraid of a lil labor pain.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I had all 3 natural. I chose to because I wanted to be fully aware of everything going on and I didn't want to risk my baby getting any of it in their system. It was a personal choice, girlfriends I knew had drugs and regretted it. What works for some doesn't always work for others...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• but i had an epidural and i was 100 percent "there" too.
    blondiemaker07

Answer by blondiemaker07 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I had Pitocin because my water broke but my contractions were practically nothing and the midwife wanted to make sure she was out within 24 hours. I also had antibiotics due to Group B Strep. Otherwise, no medications. I wanted to just see how I would handle the pain before having an epidural. When it got to transition I wanted the epidural, though. The nurse said I was too far along and would have the baby by the time it took effect. It turned out good that I didn't have it because I ended up having to push on my hands and knees and I doubt I would have been able to with an epidural and would have ended up having a C-section. When I started to push my daughter's heartbeat went way down and they were getting ready for it. They gave me oxygen and had my push in different positions and that was the only one that got her heartbeat back to normal. Evidently she was on her umbilical cord.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I had one completely natural delivery. One with Cervidil and Nubain, and one with pitocin but no pain meds.
    The first time I had the Cervidil because my doc wanted to help me progress. I wanted an epi because My sister and mother told me I couldn't do it without one. I asked for the epi and was given Nubain injection in my IV. It only helped for five minutes. I asked for an epi, but it was then too late.
    With the second I knew I could do a pain med free birth, I had basically done it the first time so I knew I could do it. I was induced with Pitocin and had a basically pain free birth until the midwife broke my water. The pain only lasted an hour, because he was born 61 minutes after my water broke.
    The third time I went into labor on my own and had a completely natural labor, no drugs at all.
    To be honest my second delivery was the easiest, and the easiest to recover from too.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My third delivery was completely natural. I did it that way because I wanted to. With my first child, my only intervention was a shot of demerol in mid-labour. With my second, I asked for the demerol shot again but it was given so close to the birth that it never kicked in. With my third I decided to go without intervention because I knew that I could do it (having basically done it for the second birth anyhow) and I was upset that I had the narcotic in my second delivery. They gave it to me ten minutes before she was born and had to watch her very closely for side effects. That experiene made me decide to opt out of narcotics in any subsequent deliveries and I have never wanted to have an epidural. I had a good pain tolerance but don't like doctors 'messing with me.' LOL! Actually my natural birth was awesome- if I had another baby I would do it again.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i didn't have an all natural birth but am hoping for one with this one, my #2. i had antibiotics through IV during labor. no pain meds, just the antibiotics because i was GBS positive. this time i will deal with GBS in other ways. no IV for me! :) and no antibiotics for my poor little one.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I had two completely natural births (even though i did allow two internal checks with the first), the reasons are simple. I believe in taking as little risk as possible with my babies life and my own. Every intervention makes the risks higher and i am not willing to take that risk. I also believe that natural birth is easier than medicated birth because you can work with your body and do what it tells you too..you can not do that if you cant feel whats going on.
    You do not experience the whole thing when you cant properly feel what is going on, it is not the same thing.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I planned on having a natural birth .. but things changed my water broke and i went to the hospital and ended up having 3 contrations on top of one another every minute or so along with sever back labor so after about 5 hours i tryed just getting a shot of staydhol and that really didnt help for pain it just made it so i couldnt open my eyes and didnt focus on the pain so much after that wore off maybe an hr later i had to get an epi because i couldnt just breath through the pain but in the end i was glad i got it i got to sleep for most of my labor and woke up 9cm and was ready to push..pushed for an hr and had my son...i was completely aware of what i was doing and had no problems only thing i didnt like was the fact i couldnt move my legs on my own..
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 2:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2009