May I brag a little, please?

I hope I don't come off as snooty or anything, but my 8 month 1 week old granddaughter has learned to do something new today!

She has been pulling herself up to standing and cruising for a couple of weeks now, and this morning when she was holding onto the end table and wanted to move to hold onto the couch, she let go of the end table but the couch was too far to reach so she just stood there for a good 10 seconds looking around wondering what to do...lol.

Now I'm watching her at her standing play table (the Fisher Price one with musical toy things on all 4 sides) and she is repeatedly letting go of it to stand on her own 2 feet!

Holy moly! I'm not ready for a walker yet!

Thanks for reading. :)

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 1:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yay!! what a proud grammy... My 23 month old pooped in the potty last night - its amazing what things can make you so happy isn't it??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• That is awesome! She's pretty young to be doing that already! You're going to have a walker on your hands...very soon! Mine starting standing and balancing at around 9.5 mo. and by 10 mo. she was taking steps!!!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Please brag away. It is never snooty to brag on the babies. Congrats. Enjoy these little moments to the fullest because before you know it she will be all grown.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Congrats! That's so exciting! My 10 month old has been letting go recently too. I have the breif moment of YAY ALRIGHT TAKE A STEP WOO HOO!!!!! and she either plops back to her butt or grabs something lol. Gettin there!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• YAY!!! I bragged on my little one the other day one lady was really mean boo on her anyways YAY!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• No kidding, brag away! At work, there are few of us that have kids all around the same age, so they are learning something new everyday. We talk about our kids all night! It is so fun to watch proud parents (and grandparents) gush over new accomplishments!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Congrats Grandma!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Yah!!! thats so cool...brag away. i would rather read about a grandma bragging then someone one bitching ....lol. Congrats on the soon to be walker.
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Awww, thank you ladies. All of you are SO sweet to me!
    {{Hugs}} ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2009