For evolution believers.....

Why do you believe in evolution?
Me and hubby talk about evolution vs creation from time to time. He believes in E and I believe in C.
I keep reasoning the same thing.....just because a scientist points at a bag of bones and labels it "Man" does mean that I am so gullable to accept. It can easily be labeled "ape" just the same.

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 1:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Gmasmom, have you ever seen Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel, he is an investigative journalist. His believe in evolution led him to atheism. He has a video that gives some really good information. It might help you see why many scientists reject the idea of evolution (not just for religious reasons!!!). I really enjoyed this film. It is about an hour long, in ten parts.

It would also be good for anyone who might think people who reject evolution are just dumb. LOL. The scientists in the movie are brilliant!!! : )

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Ok, so what do you have a bag of that you can show evolution believers proof about Creationism?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• lol! What I would like to know is why anyone cares! We're here so lets live it to the fullest!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I believe in a creator-led evolution. It has been proven. Scientists didn't just say.....this is evolution, deal with it.

The evolution believers can say the same about creation. Just because someone says it's true, doesnt mean it is. There is no real proof of God. It is about faith.
    Anonymous

• *belief
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• ask why a bag of human bones could just as easily be passed off as ape bones. how did those bones get to be so similar? what caused the differences? what evidence has been found that distinguishes one from the other? how accurate is carbon-dating of fossils and dna sequencing? is science made up? is creationism made up?

never stop asking questions.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 1:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• WHile I believe in a creation-led evolution. I do not believe we came from chimps or whatever or even that we have a common ancestor. I believe we were just created that way. Whether by coincidence or design.
    Anonymous

• If you knew anything about evolution, you'd know that scientists don't merely point to a bag of bones and say, HEY, thats where we came from.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Because it's a lot easier to believe than to think someone *poofed* stuff and it appeared miraculously.
    Anonymous

• Because it makes sense. I can understand when scientists point out evolutionary changes through time. I can understand the explanations for why & how these changes happen. I can see nothing whatsoever that supports the idea of a superhuman having any kind of hand in it. As for is it an ape or is it a human, you have to listen to the specific differences. We can only support conclusions that the evidence points to.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2009