How do you all feel about giving H1N1 virus vacine to your children?

I am getting mixed feelings about giving the H1N1 Vacine Shots to my children. I keep getting warnings about not trusting our governments. How do you all feel about it?

latte628

Asked by latte628 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Health

• I am usually not anti vaccine. Maybe delayed vaccine but not anti.
    But this vaccine has not been tested. Which is the reason my child will not get it. There has been several cases of people dieing from the vaccine alone. The Swine Flu is NOT as bad as people make it out to be. A friend of mine had it and she was only sick a few days. The only people that die from it are ones with underlying health issues OR that ignored it and never had it treated. Same with the regular flu.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My kids get the flu shot, they say don't worry, it is like any other flu, but why have another shot. I don't get it.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i wont get it for my kids to many health issues with it
    mememe27

Answer by mememe27 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My pediatrician advised me not to get it. My children are healthy without preexisting conditions, and that was part of her reasoning. She said there are risks to the shot, and the risks aren't worth a healthy child taking.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 2:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Thank you all for responding to my question. All our responses really helped.
    latte628

Answer by latte628 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• We do nat vaccinate at all. However if we did, I would still not be getting this one. Our Pediatrician already sent home flyers with the names of other doctors that are willing to give it to children. She is not even willing to give it! She has 6 kids herself and none are getting this.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2009