breastfeeding pain

my son is 2 and half weeks old and everytime i breastfeed him after the milk goes away a bit it hurts kinda like he's sucking air out it's a burning feeling and it makes me half to stop im not sure if it's how he's latching cause it doesnt hurt the whole time or what it is ..does anyone have any idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like Raynauds phenomonon.  I had this

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/nipple-blanching.html

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• It actually kind of sounds like your milk is letting down.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Call your doctor or a lactation consultant. You could have a little clog in one of your milk ducts and when the milk is empty from the rest of the ducts, that one starts hurting. You can also try putting a warm compress on your breast once you start to feel the pain and then putting baby back on the breast. Often times, if it is a clog, the warmth can loosen it up enough for baby to get it out. I'm no expert though so a doctor or lactation consultant would probably be your best source.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Have to stop btw sorry about that....I dont know if it's a clog because it's in both breast and i usually have to put a warm compress on them after because it hurts so bad but i am planning on calling the wic lactation consultant because i dont want to have to stop bfing because it hurts
    Anonymous

• Thank you Jademom07 i think it's the Nipple blanching and vasospasm that sounds like exactly the problem im having
    Anonymous