school kept my child barracaded in a classroom 2 min after school was let out

My 9 yr old daughter was trapped in a room by 2 teachers, the principal, threatened with the police, asked what she was going to go home and tell her mother about what happened, and actually called the police on her, and our city officer, blocked a doorway, and would not let her leave school, after school had been released for the day, because she had become upset in class, and refused to talk to the teacher. They terrified her and grilled her for 30 minutes. We are pursuing charges against the teacher, but are thinking about filing charges on everyone involved in the mistreatment, abuse of power, and fear they caused our child. Trying to figure out what to do, need help! My child is terrified of the school now and we aren't making her go back, but now I have to drive 28 miles a day to take her to school. I am so mad at these people for what they have done to our daughter, what would any of you do if it was your child???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in

• After i beat down everyone involved and got bailed out of jail i would pursue both criminal and civil lawsuits and i would get her some counseling cause there is no telling what kind of damage this has done to her.
    Give her a big hug from me and I hope you figure it all out!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 1:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Well, first, my hubby would've had to bail me out of jail for hurting some people. How dare they do that to a child for ANY reason! But I'd be suing everyone involved and makng sure they were fired.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I can't believe this is the whole story. That many adults acting that inappropriately? Either you don't have the whole story or you aren't sharing it.
    Anonymous

• Wow. I am sorry to hear this happened to your family. I don't know what I would do in your shoes. I can imagine what you are feeling though. When my son was in 1st grade, he did not come home on the bus. When I called the school I found out that another little boy from his class was also missing. I was scared out of my mind. When I was pulling into the school to meet the police I saw my child and the other boy on the play ground. No one had even bothered to search the school grounds for the missing children. I went off on the teacher and the principal but of course they got nothing more than a slap on the wrist by the school board. I drive my kids to a different school everyday now.
    I wish you the best and hopefully everyone involved will get what they deserve and are never given a chance to treat another child this way.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I have to agree with anon :59...what is the rest of the story? There must be more. If I were you I would be investigating what really happened and stop the witch hunt until you know the FULL story.
    Have you talked to the school officials, the teacher, the police officer?
    Anonymous

• Are you basing all of this anger on the word of a child? Children are known to lie to get out of trouble...hmmm.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon :59. I have a felling there is much more going on than you are letting on. Have you talked to those adults that were involoved or are you just jumping to conclusions? Is your daughter upset because she said something that made the adults respond in a way that seem excessive? You need to get the whole story before you can do anything. You weren't there when she got upset. Maybe she threatened someone or to do harm to herself.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Yeah wondering what the WHOLE story here is...
    Anonymous

• Yeah I'm not believing this is the whole story either. What do you mean by "upset"? Did she get physical in the classroom? Hysterical? Police don't get called to a classroom and block a door for a child just getting a little upset. It sounds like she may have gotten completely out of control with her behavior in some way. And besides, children aren't allowed to just "get upset", ignore their teacher/principal and skip off home. There are consequences to your actions. Try teaching your child proper behavior and accountability. You're doing your child a disservice. If her behavior was bad enough to call the police to school she needs some sort of therapy, not a frivolous lawsuit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• This story doesn't even begin to make sense.
    Anonymous