birth pain maybe tmi

I had my DS a little over a week ago and ever since I had him my clit has been hurting like it's being ripped off, it hurts more when I urinate sometimes when I sit..has this happend to anyone else do you know what I can do to help it or should I just make an appt early to see my OB?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is probably a tear or episiotomy that still needs to heal. I had a a tear with all three of my kids (reaonably big with the first, small with the next two) and I had a frequent 'pulling/stinging' feeling, and major stinging when I went pee while the stitches were healing. Sounds normal to me, but if in doubt call your doctor!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I had a lot of similar pain and it turned out to just be swelling. Try sitting on a cold pack -- 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off. Hope you feel better soon!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Did your Dr. say if you tore? That could be it. I didn't tear with any of my kids and only experienced minor discomfort when going to the bathroom, mostly soreness. Maybe call the Dr.s office and speak with a nurse, they can probably tell you if you need to go in and see your Dr.
    Anonymous

• i did have a episitomy but that area doesnt hurt at all anymore it's only my clit now im pretty sure the stitches have dissolved and no the doctor didnt tell me if i tore so im assuming i didnt i will try the ice pack idea
    Anonymous

• I had an tears with both of mine and that's how it felt afterward. The second time it hurt so bad that i could barely sit for 7 days. Try using Tucks (sold at walgreens) and sitting on an inflatable donut when you have to sit. otherwise try lying down to take the pressure off it....and of course when in doubt call your doctor.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2009