Moms: Don't you think that 36 vaccines in the first years of life is too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• This is the link to the chart she posted.  I actually counted 43 recommended vaccines/doses (DTaP & MMR are 3 in 1 shots) by the time they are 6 yrs. old.  That # does not include a yearly flu shot or the others for high risk groups.  That is a lot of poison for anyone to take much less children whose brains & immune systems aren't fully developed.   Mercury (still used in the preparation of most shots & can't be completely removed)  & Aluminum are NEUROTOXINS!!!!!!!!  The other ingredients are disgusting & toxic as well.  How can anyone believe that this is safe? 

poisson

Answer by poisson at 4:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Anonymous

• OOPS! look below for complete information:
    Anonymous

• It sounds better to me than bacterial pneumonia or polio!
    Anonymous

•  

Chart of the recommended immunization schedule for ges 0-6 yaers old.

Anonymous

• Wow, neither of my kids got that many and we did the normal vaccine chart at our doctor's office. Maybe he omits some of the non-neccessary ones. My son had 11-12, I believe in the first year. My daughter is 6 months and has had 6 so far. I do see it looks like two of those on there are the flu shots though, we didn't get that for either of our kids. Nor will we get the H1N1 shot this year.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 2:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• You don't have to do it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• You don't have to do it.

Exactly!
    Anonymous

• YES it's WAY to many! We didn't get nearly that many as children! That's why I selectively vax, I've read up on every vax they give and decided which ones I was comfortable giving DD, and then spread those out A LOT. I like to educate myself as best I can, I would never just blindly give my child 36 vaccines without understanding the vaccines, the risks, the diseases they are supposed to prevent etc. For example, I don't have Hep B so WHY ON EARTH would I give my 1 day old baby a vax for A SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE?! Ridiculous! DD's had 11 vaccines in her 1st 18 months of life (which still seams excessive).
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My son is 16 months and has he's have 6 vaccines only.

Parents please educate yourselves for the sake of your children.
    Anonymous