Wet Carpet

Ok it Is raining outside, but I haven't had any traffic from outside to in. But my whole carpet feels damp. Not super wet, but enough to where I can feel it on my feet and when I vacuum it's a little harder to push the vacuum. What can be causeing this?

dlandmomma

Asked by dlandmomma at 2:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Is your house peer & beam or concrete slab? Is is old or new? My ex inlaws had horrible trouble with their brand new house and water seeping in around the slab. I would definitely start pulling carpet from around the outside walls to try and find the location where it's coming in.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Flooding from doorways, a leak in the roof coming down from inside the walls...check your walls - do baseboards feel wet?
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Humidty!
    Kitta123

Answer by Kitta123 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• If you aren't running air conditioning (ok, I live in FL, so we are) then it is probably humidity.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2009