My neighbor parks a school bus out in the street and I have to park 3 houses up. Is there anything I can do to get it gone?!?!

It's not a mini bus or a full size bus, it's one of those in-between size buses. Plus they have a mini van and a truck, they are taking up like 5 spots even though they have a parking pad in the back of the house, where they store a broken piece of crap SUV with a blown transmission. They KNOW I have a baby, and it's a real pain in the A when it is raining and I have to walk through the rain and mud to get to my house. I just need the 1 freakin space in front of my house!!! but she just has to park the stupid bus out there. They could park it in the ally out back too, but it isn't convenient. Could I call the bus company or police to tell her to park the thing somewhere else or don't bring it home? ( she could leave it at the bus garage, but again it's not convenient for her) I'm just so frustrated!!! It's starting to get cold and I don't want to have to carry my baby through the snow and ice either. (I don't have a driveway)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Go knock on the door and ask them to park on of their vehicles somwhere else--take the baby with you to make a point! They may not realize you need it, if that doesn't work, call the bus company!
    PS--Be super sweet!!! They will be more likely to do it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I have tried subtle hints like "wow that bus is pretty big" "it really sucks parking way over there, especially in this rain" and the other neighbors talk kind of loud so maybe they could hear "hmm if they moved that bus you wouldn't have to carry the baby through the rain"

They are soooooo white trash country folk, I don't think they get it!

OP
    Anonymous

• Surely there is a bus barn where this thing is supposed to be parked. I don't know of any bus drivers that take the bus back to their house after their route. I'd start with the school administration, explaining the problem. The police will do little about it. Your best bet is to start with the school. Likely this lazy person has sought permission to bring the bus home instead of bringing it back to the barn - and probably got permission because his/her supervisor hasn't a clue that this schmuck is using it to block other people's parking with. I'm sure a couple of well placed, with a nice tone, phone calls and you'll find that bus moves. GL
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• So if no driveway then no HOA (Home Owners Association)? Is it an aprtment complex? Or houses in a nieghborhood? I would call her and politley ask to move her bus, if she doesn't then call her employer until you get results. I'm like you, I don't WANT to be a bitch, but if you push me hard enough-it's on.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Like i said just go and ask them directly, white trash or not, tell them it is making your life very difficult and you would appreciate it if they would not park there, I didn't think bus companies let the drivers keep busses at home???? I don't think the police can get involved if it is a public street, if you don't want to ask your dh or so to do it, but men usually get all fired up LOL good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i agree with the above on all... but when i lived in the city ( i had a close senerio and did just that ) the first time i went over there with baby the women was very nice and we worked something out. then she moved a yr later my second time again same thing ( the had 3 cars one was junk and was basicly right in front of my door and i had to park 2 houses away and as u know with baby plus food bags..not easy. i went over again and asked nicely if we could work something out.. he swore at me and said too bad..slamed the door shut. so being nice this time around didnt work.. i hate to say but i waited for him to leave when he left i went outside parked my car in the empty spot...8 feet from my front door. needless to say for 4 months we played who could get there first. also called the city and complained about junk car they got a notice to fix it or move it..( they moved 3 weeks later) its a pain, but wish u luck hun xo
    Anonymous

• SO is waaayyyy to pasive to say anything, and I usually end up either yelling at people/being mean about it or being too passive and let it go. I want to go straight to "the man" (i guess that would be the bus company) and tell them the problem. I just don't know if they would do anything, since she obviously has permission to bring it home.

jenree33- I live in an old coal miner neighborhood, no HOA or anything.

OP
    Anonymous

• ok in my city buses can go home after rt. but only if they have a driveway to park it..second our city also dosent allow trucks or busses on city streets ( my dh has a big work truck and parked on street once and got a ticket for it ) so maybe call the town were the bus driver is employed ( your town or maybe next town ) and ask them what the rules are for busses, also have bus # down so if they ask u have it, they might call her or talk to her and say an anon call came in..best of luck im sure its annoying for you. i could only imagine..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Oh I know just what youre going through. Except my neighbors arent white trash theyre straight from damn mexico and dont speak a word of this countries freaking language... ENGLISH! there are like 500 people living there and they park allll the way up the street and back down on both sides of the road. Our company cant even park in front of our house they have to park like a mile down cause of these stupid immigrants
    Anonymous

• People in my neighborhood park on the sidewalks! We just recently bought a house. Many people have fences that go to the sidewalk. They don't want to bother to open the fence to park inside it and they don't want to park on the street so they just park on the sidewalk. Kids have to walk into the street around cars to get to the neighborhood school. You can't go for stroller walks unless you want to keep going out in the street around cars. If you had to use a wheelchair to get to the bus stop you would have to use the street when there are nice sidewalks with cars sitting on them!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2009