changing roles from working mom to stay at home mom?

My husband gave me the option to stay home after our son is born and be a SAHM with our two kids, one down side it came with moving about a thousand miles away to live with his family. I'm ok with it because I think it will be good for our kids. My question is how do you make a change like that? Did you go crazy at first with not working? and with moving states away from family and friends how did you handle that???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• That is alot of changes to make at once..moving, moving in with famly, being a stay at home mom. I wuld be hesistant to do all that at once..can you stay where you are and work part time. an you move BY his family and have a place of your own. I would rather work and have my own house than have to live with family, that situation can always be hard no matter how well you get along.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• find a playgroup in your area. it is great for you and the kids to have a group to get together with regularly. most librarys have a toddler reading time, it is great for meeting other sahms. there are even local groups here at cafemom... serch your town in the groups section and see if there is one.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• It probably depends on the type of person you are...only you know if you can handle the SAHM thing. Its not easy and you definitely won't be bored. However, it will be important to meet people when you get to the new town. I'm a SAHM who is about to have another child and we just moved out of state, away from all our friends and family. Being home with a toddler and being pregnant hasn't afforded me much effort/time to get to know anyone yet and it isn't easy. I'm really looking forward to settling in and finding some playgroups, moms clubs, etc. once the baby is born.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i went from full time work to being a SAHM, while i dont regret spending the time with my kids, I do miss having that out everyday and talking to adults. Its an adjustment. I cant say a thing on the moving part good luck
    Anonymous

• I love his family and i know it will be hard we have every intention of getting our own place its just a starting point since we are new to the state but since its such a small town i would like the closeness of family there for support versus going off on our own with no friends or family around.
    Anonymous