Dizziness/low energy - anemia?

I know I should see a doctor but I don't have insurance right now so I'm just trying to see if anyone else ever experienced this and can give me an idea of what causes it. Lately I have had really low energy (not just being tired or lazy but really having no energy even when I get enough sleep) and sometimes I get dizzy and just need to lay down. When I was pregnant over a year ago I was diagnosed with anemia and was never retested after I had my baby. Does pregnancy anemia sometimes linger over a year after giving birth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Health

• When it happens to me, I drink a tall glass of water, it seems to help. I have low blood pressure, and sometimes, if your blood is too thick from not enough hydration, your heart is having a hard time pumping it and it makes you more tired.

I'm not a doctor, you can try this, but try and see if there is anyway you can get tested...
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 2:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• There are many things that can cause low energy and dizziness. You could go to Planned Parenthood or another clinic that charges on a sliding fee schedule.

It can take up to 3 years or longer for iron stores to recover. The World Health Organization recommends waiting at least 3 years to ttc because it takes that long for a woman's body to fully recover (not just iron stores).
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I would try taking an iron pill a day & see if it improves. I did & I saw an improvement within days.
    Anonymous